x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS: UK] Tee PC - rare Handheld PC/ tablet

ZSX Page Icon Posted 2009-06-03 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I am not the seller of this H/PC but thought it might interest members of this forum. it is the Tee PC which we have previously discussed on HPC:Factor. Never actually seen one in the flesh, and not on eBay either, so it is a bit of an oddity.

Listing is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tee-PC-netbook-style-tablet_W0QQitemZ170339113643QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioTVElectronics_PDAsAccessories_PDAs_JN?hash=item27a9009aab&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Please share your experiences of it with us if you do buy it!
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-06-03 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

£150 is too rich for me when you consider the new clutch of cortex devices are looking to sell for under $200

These have been far too long to get to market - apart from this one not seen any for sale - still can't find anywhere selling them.

Would have liked one but probs too late now. May grab one when they are on ebay for next to nothing.

John
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-06-03 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Unfortunately, there are too few CE 6 devices. It seems my Viewsonic v212 (CE 5) has a few built-in languages (not as complete as Win2k). Maybe, CE 6 has more.

Edited by CAuser 2009-06-03 4:07 PM
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2009-06-04 3:33 AM
#
H/PC Elite

It is really rather expensive, considering that you can get second hand EeePCs and Dell Mini 9's for less than £150 at the moment. Sure you don't have instant-on, but there is no guarantee that the Tee PC has instant-on either. This seems to be missing from a lot of the current H/PCs. Still, the design looks pretty good and there is a camera capable of VGA capture at 30fps. You don't see that much on H/PCs.
 Top of the page
ucjteas Page Icon Posted 2009-06-07 4:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The tee pc does have instant-on, and is significantly smaller than any of the netbooks.
 Top of the page
nostromo Page Icon Posted 2009-06-07 7:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I purchased it to run CE based home automation software (will mount dock on wall) - I had been looking out for these in UK, but only homeseer appear to be reselling them (WW). I have been looking at the new (7" devices coming out, but few are confirmed with CE (eg smartq7 looks like it may get viable CE image).
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2009-06-08 7:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Fantastic! Let us know how you get on with it, and if you can take photos and perhaps give a brief review of it that would be smashing!
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-06-08 12:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

nostromo - 2009-06-08 12:45 AM

I purchased it to run CE based home automation software (will mount dock on wall) - I had been looking out for these in UK, but only homeseer appear to be reselling them (WW). I have been looking at the new (7" devices coming out, but few are confirmed with CE (eg smartq7 looks like it may get viable CE image).

Would have thought Nvidia Tegra will spawn some tablet like devices.

As you say though this should be perfect for your purposes.

Good luck.

John

PS maybe you could do a write up/review type post once you have had time to have a play with it. As I think you will be the first person we know of that has one of these.
 Top of the page
nostromo Page Icon Posted 2009-06-08 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

sure will post review when I get it
cheers
Jim
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.175 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 13