x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PocketC and the Default.dat issue??

Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-06-09 8:22 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Do any forum members out there tinker around still with PocketC??

I was messing around with some code last night and have some problems with certain function calls that call and manage bitmap images.
After doing a little sniffing around, I have found out that there have been some problems in this area with Version 3.
Now, version 3 has some lovely little image functions that would lend themselves to producing games but for some reason don't work because of some shortcomings in the Default.dat file.
I have found some info on how to try and correct this on the Orbworks forum but I wondered if anyone has come across this and fixed the .dat file?

I have also had some problems registering on that forum. Is it because it's not being used anymore??

Gaz
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-06-09 12:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm afriad that I can't help you on this issue, but I will say that your dilemma over the download and this are worthy of us doing something about. If you can sort the DAT issue, please drop it into a short how-to and we'll get it posted in the CESD.

Good luck!
 Top of the page
Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-06-09 1:48 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

.....cheers dude!

I'm gonna try and fix it tonight. If I'm successful, I'll post up the instructions I used for other PocketC users on here.

Some PocketC users of version 3 may never have had these useful bitmap functions ever working. I think if you can get them working, it can really open up some interesting avenues.

.......catch ya later!

Gaz.
 Top of the page
Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-06-09 3:52 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Okay.......for those of you who use PocketC version 3, I've followed the instructions on this link and it works a treat!!

I'm running PocketC for CE on a Jornada 720 with HPC2000 so I can only speak for what works on mine.

I can't claim credit for this at all. The guy that did the research is called "ExpHP" and was on the Orbworks forum.

This will now open up some nice graphics features.

To briefly describe what needs fixing........

The very last version of PocketC for CE included some more graphical functions before it was abandoned. It turns out that one of the two files which let you compile your programs wasn't finished.
One was finished, "devicecompiler.dll" and the one that wasn't was the infamous "default.dat". These two files basically communicate with each other during compiling.

These instructions tell you how and what to type into the default.dat file using Total Commander's built in text editor.

If I can do it, anyone can!!

Here's the link......... http://www.orbworks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4423

Gaz
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-06-10 5:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

In the interests of convenience, is there any chance you'd be willing to upload the modified DAT for others to download?
 Top of the page
Gaz Page Icon Posted 2009-06-10 2:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

.......yeah no problem!!

There are still a couple more functions that need fixing. It describes them in the link. Once you grasp the simple concept of changing some numbers in the .dat file, you can experiment to get them working.

How do I go about uploading the default.dat file??

Shall I just email it to you C:Amie and you do the business?

Gaz
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.185 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9