x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I'd like to atleast learn one thing....

thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2004-10-28 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

How to take a sorce code, that is hpc 2.0 or hpc pro, and turn it into a sh4 program... so many that is not....is there much to it?...Steve
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-10-28 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Steve,

It's easy, providing you've got the tools and the source code.

You need EVC++ from Microsoft, the HPC SDK, and patience . Your biggest problem may be in finding the HPC 2.0 SDK, as the earliest one that I have is HPC 2.11 Pro...

Once you've got stuff installed, load the stuff into EVC++, select your processor from the dropdown list, and click "build".

You may have to create a configuration for the SH4 architecture, but this will just be a crib of another predefined config for the project.

One slight issue you may have is that EVC++ 3.0 uses a slightly different project format to EVC 2.0, which I think is what was originally used to build CE2.0... But that again is just a question of fiddling

Good luck. If you want a hand, drop me a mail - or post here and we'll enlighten the world
Cheers,
Nick.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-28 1:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

chiark,

You're right about te build issues, just a couple of things there on the 2.00 stuff.

You can download eVT 3 (original) and the SDK's including the CE 2.00 one from
http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/

The Windows CE 2.00 SDK does not integrate with eVT. eVT 3 was the first release, it was a free development environment for the 3rd generation platforms and then CE3.
The Windows CE 1.00 and 2.00 development tools are to be found in the Windows CE Toolkits for VS. The Visual Studio (Visual C++ 5/6 and Visual Basic 5/6) stuff wasn't free.
The downloadable 2.00 SDK is a cut back version, if you want the full one you need the WCETK6 CD.

If you move onto CE4 core programming you've restricted to Visual Studio .net programming.

Windows CE is built from an industrial application called Platform Builder, not from VS / eVT.

Correction:
That was wrong, it slipped my mind that the eVC 4.0 service pack 3 adds core platform support (CE4.0, 4.1 and 4.2) and SP4 adds CE5.0 support.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2004-10-28 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

uh, is there anyway i can get those on disk? lol
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-28 3:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I don't think you can order them from MS any more. It's always worth a call to the main switchboard though I guess.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-10-29 3:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Oh yes, I forgot about that... I have the VC++ toolkit from the MSDN subscription that we have: worst comes to the worst, I can try to cross compile for you?

Drop me a mail if you like
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-10-29 8:00 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"You da' man!"

Announcemet: We have a member with the CE1.0x / 2.00 dev tools here, start shoe kissing
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10