x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Reminder: Our Policy on Warez and Piracy requests

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-06-24 4:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It has come to my attention this morning that a number of members have been receiving unsolicited, unwelcome requests overnight asking that they warez out their copy of Alpaxo Software's RedGear.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind all members that we take a zero tolerence approach towards warezing of all forms, especially when it is directed towards one of our communities own, back room, individual software developers who simply seek to earn an honest pay for their efforts.

I remind any member who feels sympathetic towards pleas of "poverty", "small villages" and appeals to "humanity" that if they hand over their license not only will Alpaxo be able to monitor it, but you can almost certainly expect that your license will be used to seed unending warezing of the software program out to piracy torrents, peer to peer and binary lists - you will become the source of the illegal distribution of this application.
The people who ask for this sort of material have no interest in copyright law and will generally say anything to try and coerce you into doing what they want, it's like street begging.

If that doesn't convince you then I would emplore you to consider the fact that the first action of those involved has been to warez it instead of talking directly to the developer for a discount and secondly that at this time I can see that you are one of now well over 50 people to be receiving this message.

if any member is approached with such a request in the future, please do report it to a moderator or an admin and we will deal with it

If I find any evidence of any member actually assisting in the piracy of any program, you will be banned and as a matter of principel I will have no quams over passing your details onto the developer in question to deal with as they see fit.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-06-24 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Amusingly, the user also sent me the message. He says "It would be really nice to run opera". If he doesn't intend to pay for RedGear, then one must wonder if he will obtain a license for Opera either.

He also claims that "my family is very poor" and "I don't have a notebook or a pc". But compare that to his post here three weeks ago, where he says he has purchased an Asus EEE 4G: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12365&st...

Enough said.
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-06-24 10:42 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Lol.
Also got the similar message from webblaster.

Edited by Alt Bass 2009-06-24 10:44 AM
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2009-06-25 3:42 AM
#
This means that redgear won't to be killed: it still interest people, although in bad way

isotherm - 2009-06-24 9:30 AM

Amusingly, the user also sent me the message. He says "It would be really nice to run opera". If he doesn't intend to pay for RedGear, then one must wonder if he will obtain a license for Opera either.

He also claims that "my family is very poor" and "I don't have a notebook or a pc". But compare that to his post here three weeks ago, where he says he has purchased an Asus EEE 4G: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12365&st...

Enough said.
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2009-06-25 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

isotherm - 2009-06-24 8:30 AM

Enough said.

To be fair about his statement... that he does not have a notebook... that thread is over a year and three weeks old.

Edited by Yoldering 2009-06-25 8:34 AM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-25 1:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Good point - I suppose it's possible that his family's hit hard times of late with the global recession. But that's not the way he portrayed his situation, so there's still plenty of reason to be skeptical.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10