x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP790_6310i_GPRS

Harry
Harry Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 2:28 PM
#
Hello,
I want to make a GPRS-connection with my NEC MP790. I'm using a Nokia 6310i(IrDa) and my telefone-company is T-Mobile...... I've tried everything but nothing works

Is there anyone who can tell me were I can fond the settings(for MP-790 and 6310i) I need.

w.k.r. Harry
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to know: the APN of your provider (t-mobile), if they require a fixed IP or DNS and of course that you're already data enabled at all!
as it is a nokia 6310i, you'll need to enter a string in the MP (for example an ericsson doesn't need any...). it should be something like this:
+cgdcont=x,"IP","APN" (you put the APN there. "IP" is just "IP"! nothing to do with fixed IP address)
x is a number for example 1, that works most of the time. if it is 1, then you need to give a dial number *99***1#, if it is 2, then the number is *99***2#, etc..
of course you select the "generic irda modem" in remote networking when creating a dialup connection for gprs. after selecting the modem go into "configure" then "call options" and the above string goes here: "extra settings". in "tcp/ip settings" you can give it a fixed IP and/or DNS.
i think that covers all!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh and of course i hope i remember correctly and the nokia 6310i doesn't need any extra special characters in the string. but if it doesn't work for you, report back with the exact error message.
 Top of the page
Harry
Harry Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 4:50 PM
#
The message "Can't initialize service. Could not establish remote control". Before this message the MP790 show "Dialing *99#" after that it wil sound "PLING" (so I think "Yes, I'm getting a connection) but it wil ?disconnect? with the message I write above...

w.k.r. Harry
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what's the last state before this error message, "dialing *99#*" or something else (i guess so)?
anyway try dialing *99***1# too. have you entered the string i gave you?
 Top of the page
Harry
Harry Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 11:08 AM
#
Well I(we, I mean) did a big step .... I can surf the internet already, but I'm still triing to get my mail. The message I get is: "Can't connect to service. POP3 username refused" All settings like: username etc. are correct, so I'm looking further...
Harry
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 1:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Try with nPOp or other mailer.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-09 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Harry - 2005-06-09 5:08 PM

Well I(we, I mean) did a big step .... I can surf the internet already, but I'm still triing to get my mail. The message I get is: "Can't connect to service. POP3 username refused" All settings like: username etc. are correct, so I'm looking further...
Harry

try the username with the @domain or without the @domain. (for example myuser OR myuser@mymail.com)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9