x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Decompiling Net Compact Framework Applications

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-06-30 6:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

All you who know...since I don't:

1) How difficult or hard is it to decompile an application written in NCF?

2) This site: http://programaro.ru/en/pocket-pc has a bunch of games written in NCF, and they all run perfectly on Cmonex v2 with the exception of the menu bar is located in the wrong spot. You only have to open the game window to full size on the 900C and it works great from there.

3) Anyone wanting to try the games, English is the top item in the middle menu selection...tap on them and you will see the menu change when you select the proper language (4 choices)

I'm seeing more and more applications writen in NCF...must be the portability to different devices, eh?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-06-30 11:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's particularly good news now that we have a port of .NET CF 1 for Windows CE 2.xx - and maybe a port of .NET CF 2 for CE 2.xx/3.0 as well (if enough people vote for it - hint, hint ).

I found those apps in 2) on smartphone-freeware.net a few months ago. Really nice work by the developer.

Edited by CE Geek 2009-07-01 12:04 AM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-07-01 8:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

1) It's DAMN eesee.
Search for .Net Reflector, it's free tool. You'll need to copy .net assembly dllz to PC and link decompiler to them. After decompiling you'll need to sort sources.

Also search for .Net encryption. Some apps are secured from decompiling by encrypting.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.121 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8