x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Voice Recorder for Windows CE 5.0

1 2
augusbas Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 3:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Is there any voice recorder applications available for windows CE 5.0 .

Or we need to write our own application.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 3:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Pocket WavePad might work:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14194&po...

The other possibility is NoteM, which records in MP3 format. It works out of the box on my Sigmarion III (which runs CE 4.1 .net), so I'd venture to say that it should work on a CE 5 device. (I just picked up a couple of ViewSonic V212s, which run CE 5.0, and they're expected to arrive later today, so I may test these out myself in CE 5.) (NoteM requires .NET Compact Framework 1.0, which is already onboard on CE 5 devices.)
 Top of the page
augusbas Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 4:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2009-07-17 3:51 AM

The other possibility is NoteM, which records in MP3 format. It works out of the box on my Sigmarion III (which runs CE 4.1 .net), so I'd venture to say that it should work on a CE 5 device. (I just picked up a couple of ViewSonic V212s, which run CE 5.0, and they're expected to arrive later today, so I may test these out myself in CE 5.) (NoteM requires .NET Compact Framework 1.0, which is already onboard on CE 5 devices.)

Hi,

I have downloaded Wavepad sound editor from the provided link and NoteM too. When i try to install to the device it says "Setup is not a valid Wince Application" ? Wat could be the problem.

I am using ARM IMX31 processor
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 4:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You have to run Setup.exe on your PC to generate the CAB files, which you copy onto the CE 5 device and execute from there. You might need wceloadext.exe and wceloadext.dll to be able to install the programs from the CAB files. cmonex has it on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm
 Top of the page
augusbas Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 5:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2009-07-17 4:39 AM

You have to run Setup.exe on your PC to generate the CAB files, which you copy onto the CE 5 device and execute from there. You might need wceloadext.exe and wceloadext.dll to be able to install the programs from the CAB files. cmonex has it on her site:

Hi ,

Thanks for your support.

I have run the setup in my PC and i got some CAB file for Wavepad "WavePad.ARMV4PPC.PocketPC2003.CAB"
and for NoteM i got "NoteM.PPC2003_ARM.CAB " . I have downloaded the wceloadext.exe and wceloadext.dll and i have put those files in windows folder.

And now i tried to run the cab files in Wince device . Nothing is happening when i open the files or double click on it.

please help . Any mistake i am doing on installation? I need your patience, as i am a beginner to wince 5.0
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 8:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You may have to extract the individual program files from the cab file using either WinCE Cab Manager or MSCEinf and copy the components over to you device manually. It is possible that the setup.dll in the cab file, or the cab file itself doesn't recognize your cpu and is cpu specific for installation.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 2:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I can upload a simple WAV sound recorder... Will do it a bit later.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-07-17 3:00 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2009-07-17 12:51 AM

Welcome to Viewsonic v212 club!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-20 5:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Correction about NoteM - I was confusing programs. NoteM doesn't require .NET CF, but does require the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll (along with aygshell.dll and doclist.dll), as well as note_prj.dll. You can get all those from cmonex' site:

I've confirmed it works on my V212. So far, I haven't gotten Pocket WavePad to work.

Edited by CE Geek 2009-07-20 6:00 AM
 Top of the page
augusbas Page Icon Posted 2009-07-21 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2009-07-20 5:57 AM

Correction about NoteM - I was confusing programs. NoteM doesn't require .NET CF, but does require the Pocket PC version of mfcce300.dll (along with aygshell.dll and doclist.dll), as well as note_prj.dll. You can get all those from cmonex' site:

I've confirmed it works on my V212. So far, I haven't gotten Pocket WavePad to work.

Hi,

I have followed the whole procedures , but when i try to run the NOTEMppc2003_ARM.CAB file in the target it gave an error

Setup failed:

Application cannot run on this device type. please install the application specific to this device type.

I have copied mfcce300.dll, aygshell.dll, note_prj.dlldoclist.dll, wceloadext.exe and wceloadext.dll to windows folder of the target.

My Processor: ARM IMX31 Multimedia processor,Windows CE 5.0

Please help.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-21 3:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, unfortunately I had the same problem. I had to extract the CAB file on my PC and then copy the files over manually. You can use CABWiz for this.
 Top of the page
augusbas Page Icon Posted 2009-07-21 4:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2009-07-21 3:38 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I had the same problem. I had to extract the CAB file on my PC and then copy the files over manually. You can use CABWiz for this.

Hi,

I had extracted the NOTEMppc2003_ARM.CAB file in my PC. Right click on CAB file and i gave extract.

It created a folder and extracted files over there. Now where to copy these files in target.

And how can i start my application?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-21 5:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Did you use CABWiz to extract the CAB file, or WinRAR or WinZip? If one of the latter two, you'll need to rename the files manually as they will all have three digits as file extensions (.000, .001, .002, etc). (Change the file extension on the .000 file to .txt and open it with Notepad to see the list of the correct file names.) Once this is done, you can just copy the whole folder over, and you tap NoteM.exe to open the program. (Place the folder in \NandFlash if such a folder exists, so it won't get dumped by the device on reboot.)
 Top of the page
augusbas Page Icon Posted 2009-07-21 8:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2009-07-21 5:27 AM

Did you use CABWiz to extract the CAB file, or WinRAR or WinZip? If one of the latter two, you'll need to rename the files manually as they will all have three digits as file extensions (.000, .001, .002, etc). (Change the file extension on the .000 file to .txt and open it with Notepad to see the list of the correct file names.) Once this is done, you can just copy the whole folder over, and you tap NoteM.exe to open the program. (Place the folder in \NandFlash if such a folder exists, so it won't get dumped by the device on reboot.)

hi,

I didn't use CABWiz to extract the file...If you have CABWiz or if you know the web link please send it to me.

I used WinRAR to extract the file. As you have mentioned i have changed the file names by opening the text file..

I had little doubt on that .lnk file..Whether it will affect ?

Now i copied those files to target NAND Flash ..I copied the necessary dlls mentioned to my Windows folder..

Now when i try to run the .exe file it gave an error

"Cannot find NoteM ( or one of its components) make sure the path and file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

I have copied these files mfcce300.dll, aygshell.dll, note_prj.dlldoclist.dll, wceloadext.exe and wceloadext.dll to windows folder.

If you know the download link of CABWiz please send it me...And please advise what could be the problem?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-21 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The .lnk file is just the shortcut for the Start Menu. Don't worry about that right now.

I forgot that NoteM also needs gx.dll.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 29