x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Census Device Question

smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2009-07-18 1:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Census General Questions, should I have started a new thread for this?

Cassiopeia A-21S isn't listed. It exists, I have one!
The Futurecom Neta 980 isn't listed, does it not qualify because it uses a Windows CE .NET 4.1?
I have these strange devices (with integrated bluetooth!) [http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250445412406 (Disclaimer: Not my auction nor my bid)] Would these qualify for addition?
I have some unlocked GS devices (Pharos PDR-150 and Omnitech) which I boot into CE 5.0 or 4.2 .NET. Would these be worthy of adding?
I also have a linksys VOIP phone with Windows CE, similar question to above?

Title Edited by C:Amie
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 5:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Post moved into its own thread, title changed and moved to HPC:Factor related discussion
Nate the great Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 5:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The NETA 980 is a rebranded Viewsonic Airpanel 100.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 5:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

smb_gaiden - 2009-07-18 10:04 AM

Yes, a new thread under "HPC:Factor Related Discussion" would have been preferable, but since you've already posted it here, I'll go ahead and respond. You're right, it's not included in the Census list, and it should be.

C:Amie - 2009-07-18 9:23 AM

point the driver wizard to c:\program files\microsoft activesync\drivers, see if it picks up from there.

Didn't work - I still got "Cannot Install This Hardware."
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 5:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

smb_gaiden - 2009-07-18 6:04 PM

The Futurecom Neta 980 isn't listed, does it not qualify because it uses a Windows CE .NET 4.1?
I have these strange devices (with integrated bluetooth!) [http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250445412406 (Disclaimer: Not my auction nor my bid)] Would these qualify for addition?
I have some unlocked GS devices (Pharos PDR-150 and Omnitech) which I boot into CE 5.0 or 4.2 .NET. Would these be worthy of adding?
I also have a linksys VOIP phone with Windows CE, similar question to above?

Title Edited by C:Amie

smb_gaiden,

• The A21S can certainly be added.

• Core CE 4.1 devices can be added

• The odd eBay devices aren't really consumer equipment; interesting though

• We don't add hacked PNA's

• If the VoIP phone is a CE core device in a similar way to the bSquare Power Handheld, then yes that can be added.

Can you provide technical information on these devices to help us add them? I have attached an excel spread sheet with the fields that we are looking for. Please add as much as you can!

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HPC Specs Template.xls (26KB - 4 downloads)
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 12:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Note A-21S Added here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14272

Regarding, Core CE 4.1 can be added... Someone noted it is a rebranded Airpanel 100. Although if that is the case, they have done some extra work on the ROM to make it much more capable than the Airpanel 100. Do you think it deserves its own listing/spec? I kind of do, but will defer to the veteran's thoughts.

Odd Ebay device added to off topic thread, since eventually that auction will expire and the image won't be viewable to the readers here. Also, mine are not that new looking, so the listing's photo would be better aesthetics to attach.

PNA - acknowledged.

I don't know what the bSquare Power Handheld is, but I'll look into it and compare against my VOIP phone to see if it qualifies as a core CE device.

Edited by smb_gaiden 2009-07-19 12:43 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 1:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

THanks for the A-21S info, I, or whiched staff member gets there first will get that added.

There is prescedent for entering devices clones in HPC:Factor D&S ( http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=9 ), I have no issues what so ever adding this Airpanel clone. Again, if you could assist us with specifications, it would be apprecaited.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-07-19 3:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Added...
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.165 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 17