x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless conection help

unplugged Page Icon Posted 2009-07-22 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everybody, how r u 2day?

I have a samsung izzi pro with windows ce 3.0 cuore version 2.11 running on a mips processor family 3000

Also I have a belking Wireless Lan CF Card, I have installed the right driver and the card is receiving the signal. I want to browse internet but if I check autodial I've got only two options: Infrared port and serial port, and if I leave unchecked autodial I don't get any conection. I've tried to make a new connection (start/communication/remote networking) but the system does not list the card.

My two questions are:
Can this device use the wireless Lan CF card to browse internet? if so, How can I make IE use this card to browse internet?

You can also email me : oscarh[@]fastmail.fm
Thank you very much

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-23 4:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You don't "dial" a network card. It is persistent.

If IE can't find the internet then the card isn't working properly, either you haven't authenticated with the correct WEP key to your access point or it is being prevented from getting an IP address.

Please don't ask people to help you over e-mail. If you can't be bothered to come back to the forum, it's not worth asking on the forum. Why should anyone here offer you 1 to 1 technical support?
 Top of the page
unplugged
unplugged Page Icon Posted 2009-07-23 5:45 AM
#
Hello,

First I just want to say sorry If I have made something wrong leaving my email.
I just left my e-mail to make things easier for people, I don't mind to come here again and again. Never mind.

So you think I should be able to browse internet via the wireless card? and also be able of using pocket outlook?

Maybe you are all right when you say that maybe something is preventinf from getting the ip. I've got the following window: Windows CE Networking: DHCP was unable to obtain an IP address. You can reinsert your card later o statically assign an address

But I have assigned an address: IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS (both)
and it is still not working.

On the other hand the wireless config. utility shows that link quality ans signal strength are excellent and the router shows (in XP) the device in its control panel. By the way it is a open wifi.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions are welcome, also I will continue testing

thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-07-23 6:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Windows CE Networking: DHCP was unable to obtain an IP address - In your case, this means that you do not have a proper connection to the wireless access point. Is the access point running in b+g mode or only G mode? You need to ensure that it is in B+G mode. If you have MAC filtering that needs to be turned off for testing and you have already said that it is open, so WEP shouldn't be an issue.

Which card are you using and which driver?
 Top of the page
unplugged
unplugged Page Icon Posted 2009-07-23 9:41 AM
#
Hi

1) The card is Belkin F5D6060 Wireless PDA Network Card

2) The driver is from Belking and for this card. You can still get it from here: http://www.belkin.com/support/download.asp?download=F5D6060&lang=1&...

I think the problem is not in the card neither in the driver, since the driver/config utility says that is conected, and the router control panel also shows that the device is conected/associated

3) I've been talking with my internet provider and they have told me that my router (LiveBox from Inventel) suports B+G mode. I just don't know how to check this.

For some reasong DHCP is unable to obtain an IP address. I'll try to write the ip, dns etc manually
I'll let you know if I've got success

Thank you
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2009-07-23 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm afraid the driver you are using is not for H/PC but for PPC.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-07-23 12:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check the Hardware Compatibility List here for the right driver:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.158 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9