x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

LG Handheld PC model H-220C16 windows CE 2.11

u03pes Page Icon Posted 2009-08-16 5:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi I hoping that someone can help me out!! I bought the above item nearly 10 years ago and used it for 4 years before buying my own dektop computer. I have restarted the devise to use it at work, instead of taking a heavy laptop with me. I'm uploading the software onto my laptop and wondered how I can connect the handheld PC to my computer as the 9 pin standard serial connector does not fit into my laptop - is there an adapter I can get it to fit?

Also I have now wireless broadband - can I someway set up a connection putting it through my wireless? I have an up-to-date phone but it doesn't have infrared but has Wi-Fi and bluetooth- can I connect the handheld PC via my phone this way? Or can I access the internet via my laptop connecting it infrared?

Last thing, is it still possible to buy PC cards and would the same PC card be compatible with my laptop?

I just want a way I can connect my handheld to my laptop - ant advice would be very useful!

I hope you can answer my questions!

Thanks

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-08-16 5:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can use a serial-to-USB adapter. (You'll need to install the adapter's driver even in Windows XP.) That's what I use to connect my H-220C32.

There are still plenty of PCMCIA WiFi cards out there. Check the Hardware Compatibility List here for a list of compatible cards:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/
 Top of the page
u03pes Page Icon Posted 2009-08-18 4:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

great thanks - I'll try these ideas.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28