x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Yet another 620LX wireless LAN question...

1 2
Kiauma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 3:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

All the installation files come from a single executable file: "Linksys WPC11 for WinCE.exe"

By minimizing the installation window and setting the CAB file properties to 'Read Only', I was able to isolate it on the HPC. It is named, "Linksys Instant Wireless Network Card.CAB" If you want a copy let me know.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-11 8:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ok... this isn't the cab file i'm using, I'm on WPC11.HPC200SHx.CAB from the refernced driver I have in the hcl library.
Explains the problem. Best send it along.
 Top of the page
Kiauma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 7:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, so much for the common wisdom of downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturer!

Are you saying you want me to send it to you? I could send that and the loader, but I'll need an email address.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-13 7:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I downloaded the wpc11forwince.exe from Linksys.com; it's the same as the version in the HCL library, contains the same cab structure. Dated 5/10/2001
 Top of the page
Kiauma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 8:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry about my delay in answering - busy, busy, busy!

I downloaded from this link; http://www.linksys.com/download/

There are 7 WPC11 drivers, 3 for version 3 and one that just says "instant wireless network PC card".

I downloaded "wpc11v3_wince.exe" because I was looking at a version 3 card, but it sounds like you downloaded something different?

I appreciate all your time in helping me on this, though I have decided to go with the Orinoco card.

BTW, got on the internet through proxy. Works good with most sites, though it locks up at Yahoo! Any idea why?

Edited by Kiauma 2005-06-14 8:35 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 10:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Glad you sorted things out.

Please find an appropreate thread for your proxy questions.
 Top of the page
Kiauma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Glad to see I'm not the only busy one.

However, you still have not answered my questions; Did you want me to email you the cab? and which driver did you download? I suppose I could try them all through their series list-box interface by trial and error until I get the right file, but I just thought if it wasn't too much trouble I would see if you could remember the correct one off the top of your head.

But I suppose you needn't answer. I shall simply download the proper driver from your driver page, and be glad. I believe one should make allowances for other's efforts, after all.

My apologies for the off-topic question. I sincerely appreciate your assistance. I apologize if I have tried your patience in any way.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 12:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This one
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/wpc11forwince.exe

I said send it along (the cab) several threads back
 Top of the page
Kiauma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the link and clarification. I will check out the driver soon.

Yes you had addressed my original offer before, but I can be rather slow at times and had asked for clarification on just what sending "it along" refered to, and that I needed your email address if I was being directed to email it to you. I had checked your profile but didn't see one - which of course doesn't mean it's not readily available somewhere around the site, but as I said I can be rather slow at times.

Thank you for your patience.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 4:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's in the contacts section
 Top of the page
Kiauma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-14 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

File sent.