x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720, T-mobile bluetooth internet access

jbclimber Page Icon Posted 2009-09-02 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi.

I have been able to successfully use Socket Bluetooth card p/n 8510-00159g to pair an HP Jornada 720 with a T-Mobile Wing phone. However, I can't figure out how to set-up internet sharing (using T-Mobile's data plan) so that I can surf the web with the Jornada. Has anyone tried something like this and been successful? If so, what did you do? Thanks!
 Top of the page
propi Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 3:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

BT socket on Jornada has only DUN (dial-up) profile, for internet sharing you need PAN profile.
On XDA-Developers is utility for BT DUN on WM.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-03 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

A BT DUN profile is all you should need. I have never used bluetooth on an HPC before, but I've successfully connected my Linux-based laptop and my Nokia n810 successfully with my T-Mobile prepaid phone. I may have even connected my old iPAQ h4350 also, but I can't remember for sure.

If you do not know what the BT DUN settings are, I'd check the T-Mobile forums over at HowardForums and their T-Mobile wiki, as there is lots of useful information about (BT) tethering there.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-03 9:12 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 11