x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys WPC11.v3 and Jornada 680 - HowTo

tcrabb Page Icon Posted 2009-09-08 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Read through a number of posts regarding the WPC11v3 card and the Jornada 680 with no reports of it working.

The Linksys drivers I could not get to work but they do not state which version of Windows CE they have have been designed for just Windows CE so I suspect this is why they do not work.

Instead you must use the the Compaq drivers for the WL100 card. Install the CAB file for the SH3 processor (WL100.1003.CAB) once you have installed the Compaq driver pack onto a PC and you need Active Sync installed to do this.

I just copied the CAB onto a compact flash card and installed from there but if you have cable you could use ActiveSync for the install.

Once you have installed the CAB insert the Linksys WPC11 card - it will throw up a prompt to name the driver for this - type in exactly - this part is IMPORTANT :

WL100NDS.dll

Then click ok to accept. This DLL file should be in the Windows directory from the CAB install previously so you may want to check it is there after enabling DLLs to show up in explorer.

Reinsert the card and you will see both lights go green.

Now configure your SSID for your network and also encryption - only WEP supported not WPA so you should change this on your router if need be or just turn encryption off altogether.

Leave the defaults for IP address as DHCP and you do not need to fill in the box for DNS servers as the DHCP will sort these out.

You need to reinsert card once these settings have been filled in to get it to use the new ones.

Driver for the WL100 can be found on the net - I think I downloaded from Compaq's website.

I had it working perfect in 3 minutes flat!

Edited by tcrabb 2009-09-08 9:02 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 2:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That sounds really familiar . . .

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0006.asp

Good to see it works with an SH3 H/PC Pro device too.
 Top of the page
tcrabb Page Icon Posted 2009-09-09 8:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

You're absolutely right.

I must have glanced over that article weeks ago after failing to get my card working in Windows CE and searching the forum but skipped over it said HPC2000.

It was only after getting my card working with JLime that I decided to give it another bash and remembered reading something about WL100 drivers.

Nevermind !

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 1:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, you've shown it can be done with an H/PC Pro device as well, and that's a big help.
 Top of the page
PVSpa Page Icon Posted 2018-04-24 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Weird, I followed all of these instructions, but while my nic is associated with the router, it's not being assigned a DHCP ip address. I tried using a static IP address, but I have no way to test the connection, as it would not show up in the DHCP client table, and there is no ping command. The same NIC works perfectly on Jlime, so it's not a problem with the NIC or the router, it has to be software. I might have to use a seperate PC with an alfa card to check the association and NMAP to check the connection, cause this is getting weird.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10