x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

C++ or C In eVC++

C++ or C In eVC++
OptionAdded byResults
C++nathanpc1 Votes - [20%]
1 Votes [20%]
C in eVC++nathanpc2 Votes - [40%]
2 Votes [40%]
C++ in eVC and in VS and in GCCcmonex2 Votes - [40%]
2 Votes [40%]
Add your own option:

nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hello,
Today is the that my life will change . I need to know if i use Linux in my j720 and continue developing in C++(In my j720, but only compiled for IBM PCs), or go to C, start developing in eVC++ and develop for mobile and for Windows(That is my dream: Start a carrer of mobile development)?
I'm confused, which i choose!

Thanks,
Nathan Paulino Campos
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

I voted about my opinion... why not learn dev for both. also, EVC is a C++ compiler, not C

mobile dev is a very good idea, but currently no one can be sure which mobile OS will win in the end, windows based or linux based or symbian based or mac based. (I hope not the last one or if that does then Apple should start supporting hardware keyboards and bigger screen resolutions.)

PS: you can consider higher level stuff, C# as it has the same (similar) syntax (not horrible like VB) and is easy to use... but don't forget it produces slow programs. or if you want to go apple then objective C

Edited by cmonex 2009-09-10 5:39 PM
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

huh
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There is also pgcc for ARM. You need to use a standalone text editor (Pocket Word will do, or perhaps CEdit). But you can develop, compile, and run programs all on the Jornada. If I recall, it also supports the standard C/C++ calls that eVC is missing natively.
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2009-09-10 7:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks very much isotherm!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 13