x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera Mini (not Mobile) for HPC

1 2
propi Page Icon Posted 2009-09-24 4:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Super. Thank.

Opera 4.2 and 5.0 beta work super.
In Opera 4.2 i can't set font size on very small as in 5.0 beta.
5.0 beta nonsupporting czech characters - it is beta

Thank.
 Top of the page
empty.exist Page Icon Posted 2009-09-24 5:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

This is very wonderful.
Oh,this is the story of PSP.

http://forums.qj.net/psp-general/142629-opera-mini-psp.html

I think it's good for if KVM of H/PC. (?_?)
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2009-09-30 5:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Well, I have tried out Opera Mini 5 Beta on my Cuol Book running CE 5. As everyone has mentioned, the buttons are HUGE and take up far too much room on the screen, but that aside the rendering is accurate and fast which makes it a viable web browser. My main issue is that the Cuol Book does not have a touch screen, nor does it have a traditional D-pad or number keys, but relies on mouse navigation to get around the interface which makes it very clunky.

Looking at the Opera Mini 5 Beta site, it seems that there are 2 UIs to Opera Mini 5 Beta; one is designed for touch screen phones hence the finger-friendly buttons, and the other designed for keypad phones (non-touchscreen). I'd like to try out the latter, as it seems more appropriate to the Cuol Book, but all the .jar files I've installed have defaulted to the touch screen UI. Perhaps there is some hardware detect function which tells it which UI to display?

Edited by ZSX 2009-09-30 5:43 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-30 4:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Pretty cool stuff...seems to work pretty well so far..am using it to enter this message on my 900C
 Top of the page
DarkKnight Page Icon Posted 2009-10-26 6:21 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sorry it's taken me so long to put this question out, but is there any chance of getting a version that would work on the SH-4 for HPC/PRO? There is a version of Java that runs on the Compaq Aero. I got it from a download of the ICE browser that was supposed to work on the Aero - but the browser blew up. With all the Crimeware running around, I would love to have a new browser for a secure platform.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 29