x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Microsoftr Reader 1.0

jerichonac Page Icon Posted 2009-09-19 4:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
I have old LG Phenom H-220 and wanted to read e-books but do not have installed version of MS Reader 1.0 which is apparently only one I could use if I could find one.Becouse there is no DRM protection you can not find this version anywhere.I manage to find version 1.3 but still could not install it.
Can maybe someone help me with advise or any other option.
Many thanks
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-19 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Would Mobipocket Reader work? There's a CE 2.0 version of that available. I believe Mobipocket Reader 5.0 was the last to support HPCs (not 100% sure though), which is the latest version I have on my site.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-09-19 5:51 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

To the recollection of yours truely, there was never a CE 2.00 release because Reader didn't exist while CE 2.00 was in its support cycle.

They only ported Reader down to HPC2000 because an OEM paid them for it and a few enterprising people hacked it into general availability on the SA1100.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-09-19 6:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Simplest option to me would to be to convert any ebook files into a simple text file that could be opened with any number of editors for reading....
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-19 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Well, the download page for the earliest version of Mobipocket Reader available in the web archive (v2.2.0) specifically mentions being compatible with Windows CE 2.0 and above. It also looks like 4.8 may have been the last version to support HPCs officially (2.x included) according to this page. I'll try 5.0 on my MP780 and if it doesn't work, I'll replace 5.0 with 4.8 on my site.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-19 6:59 PM
 Top of the page
jerichonac Page Icon Posted 2009-09-21 3:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks guys,
It is working with converters, so I can finally read on it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9