x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hard Reset, now Cant explore files

Magellan Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 12:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did a hard reset on my MP900 to fix some odd behavior it has been having lately. After going through the setup, all seemed fine. My problem is, when I open "My Handheld PC", or "My Documents", the folders are blank. I even tried getting into Control Panel, and it is blank also. Can anyone help me?
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 2:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

One thing is obvious: you can repeat the hard reset without any harm - you will not loose too much. When you take out batteries, wait for at least 10 minutes. The capacitors must be discharged to avoid keeping unwanted stuff.

I had a similar experience on Jornada 720 - but with Resco Explorer only. I am not sure what went wrong because I installed too many things before I noticed it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-12 12:33 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like object store index corruption, as vjurkas says, it would be better for you to just hard reset once again.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0034.asp
 Top of the page
Magellan Page Icon Posted 2005-06-13 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, I tried a hard reset 4 times now to no avail. I guess I will try to get support from NEC to see if they have any ideas.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10