x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

why wont my program work????

jeffro81 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-25 11:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi all i was wondering if i could get some help off someone,i have finally got everything up and running on my mobliepro 880,all updated ect...,the one one thing i got it for was to run a program called sidairy 2.0 it is for diabetes blood glucose management, it works fine on my compaq h3700, i have installed it on my 880 and when i try to run the program it come up with cannot find sidairy(or one of it components).make sure the path and file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available,it installed properly through activesync,is it not working because its a ppc program and will not run hhpc,any info will help me greatly.thankyou
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-26 2:44 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You cannot run Pocket PC/Windows Mobile software with a stock CE 2.x installation. To try to get it to work, you need special (replacement or additional) DLLs that fill in functions that the Pocket PC/Windows Mobile OS provides but CE 2.x does not. It takes some work and it still may not work after providing these special DLLs, you won't know until you try really.

To start, you need to download "executabilitycheck" from cmonex's site here. The exe you want inside the zip is under the hpcpro/arm directory. Run executabilitycheck on the EXE and DLL files included with the application in question. It will alert you to any problems, such as the version of CE the EXE/DLL was compiled for is too high or there are missing DLLs (or missing functions inside DLLs that already exist in \Windows for example) that the program depends on.

ExecutabilityCheck allows you to rewrite the CE version so you can set it to at most your version of CE (2.11 in this case). For missing DLLs, you will have to check the aforementioned link again to find the DLL you need (make sure it is ARM and that you run ExeCheck on the DLLs you download as well, since some may not have the version set for CE 2.11). Then place the missing DLLs in the same directory as your application executable. For errors saying a DLL has missing ordinals, that means the pre-existing DLL does not provide certain functions that the application claims to use. In that case, you may need to again visit the link above and try out different versions of DLLs until you find one that (hopefully) satisfies the application.

That's a quick rundown of what needs to be done to get it to work. If you get stuck or have questions, first search existing HPCFactor forum threads, as this kind of topic has been brought up countless times.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-26 2:47 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-09-26 3:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

SIDiary 2.0 is a Visual Basic program for Windows CE 3.0. However, there's a chance it can be made to work on the 880. Try this:

1) Download the CE 2.xx version of Executability Check below, and copy it onto the 880.

2) Open Executability Check on the 880 and select each of the following files in \Windows, one at a time:

MSCEImage.dll
MSCEPicture.dll
pvbdecl.dll
pvbform2.dll
pvbhost2.dll
vbscript.dll
pvbload.exe

After opening each one in Executability Check, select "Rewrite OS version" and change it from 3.0 to 2.11, and then close Executability Check.

3) Soft reset the 880.

4) Download and unzip regsvr2.zip (below), and copy regsvr2.exe to the 880.

5) Open regsvr2.exe on the 880, and, one at a time, type in each of the above files (preceded by \Windows\) except pvbload.exe, followed by tapping on the 'Register' button.

After completing each of these steps, try tapping on SIDiary.vb instead of SIDiary.exe to see if it opens. (You can also try changing SIDiary.exe from CE 3.0 to 2.11 using Executability Check as above, soft resetting, and then tapping on SIDiary.exe.)

Let us know your results.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ExecutabilityCheck200.exe (12KB - 10 downloads)
Attachments regsvr2.zip (47KB - 9 downloads)
 Top of the page
jeffro81 Page Icon Posted 2009-09-26 5:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi thanks very much for all your help everything worked but now when i go to open the program it comes up"application error"an error was encounted while running this program..object doesnt support this action,does this mean it wont run this program for me, thanks heaps
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-09-26 10:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

More than likely, I'm afraid. CE 2.11 - and its eMbedded Visual Basic runtime files - appear to be able to handle most CE 3.0 VB programs (at least based on my experience). As you're finding here, however, not every CE 3.0 VB program can be made to work in CE 2.11. I get the same error with a few CE 3.0 VB programs in CE 2.11, and I've never found a way past that error.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-09-27 3:26 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I know this doesn't really help, but for what it's worth the SiDiary program does run fine on HPC2000 (with a full eVB runtime installation) with no hacking. Running SiDiary on CE 2.11 with a full eVB runtime installation does actually get the about window to pop up, but the message box jeffro alluded to does come up ( "object doesn't support this action" ), but it doesn't close the program after dismissing the message box.

Edited by mscdex 2009-09-27 3:26 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-09-27 3:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

- which means that all that's standing in jeffro81's way is an NEC 790 ROM module.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.173 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 27