x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sharp HC-4100 Aironet 340 problem.

enver Page Icon Posted 2009-09-28 1:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I just recently purchased a Sharp HC-4100 Handheld PC. It runs Windows CE 2.0. I have installed both SP1 for CE 2 and the Network Service Pack.

I have a Aironet 340 series card that i would like to use for Wireless network access if possible.

For the card, I have downloaded the latest version of firmware for Windows CE that is available from Cisco, and i have installed it on the card. I also downloaded the driver that is available here, for Windows CE 2 and the MIPS processor.

Here is my problem: I follow the instructions for installing the card in a Window's CE device, but when I insert the card, as per the instructions, The device says it is and "Unknown card in Socket 1"

According to the guide, if I had done everything correctly, it should say, "Network Card in Socket 1"

I have tried uninstalling the card, and driver, and reinstalling it. I have also tried completley resetting the device (ie. taking the batteries out and doing a 'hard' reset.) and reinstalling everything (the SP1 and NSP and the drivers.) Nothing had helped and I still get the same message.

If i continue following the guide after that message, the device never connects to my Wireless network, which by the way, does NOT have WEP encryption.

I think that is all...thanks for any help in advance.
 Top of the page
recchi Page Icon Posted 2009-10-10 10:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi

"the device never connects to my Wireless network, which by the way, does NOT have WEP encryption", do you sure your wireless network is ready? you should use some free tools (suchas wirelessnetview) to test your wireless network, I think your series card maybe no problem.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-10-11 5:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is it displaying a prompt for the drive name?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10