x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Software Keyboard for CE 2.11

ricercar Page Icon Posted 2009-10-06 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yaaaaarghh! So who makes a 3rd party software keyboard palette for WinCE 2.11?

The Fujitsu PenCentra 130 has the CIC soft keyboard in ROM, summoned with the hardware default for user configurable pad #1. I had no idea how much I've depended on this for my pen computing pleasure. Yet yesterday I acquired a VADEM Clio and it's got NO software keyboard ... unlike Windows XP, unlike Windows Vista, Unlike MacOS X. As a former Newton user, I've full confidence that the Clio's Calligrapher handwriting recognizer will eventually work for me, but I'd like to use the machine in tablet mode without lifting the screen now and again to access the keyboard.

Either this doesn't exist, or my googlexpertise isn't turned on today.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-06 2:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check the Calligrapher settings in the Control Panel. There's a checkbox in there to enable the software keyboard.

Edited by CE Geek 2009-10-06 2:59 PM
 Top of the page
ricercar Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 4:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Unfortunately, the software keyboard in Calligrapher is, according to the docs, available to "CE 2.0" only, and "activating" it on the WinCE 2.1 Clio simply populates the taskbar icon, and clicking the icon puts an X through the icon, with no keyboard appearing.

I'm getting better at Calligraphy, especially with my old Newton muscle memory kicking in, but the onscreen would let me keep it in tablet mode when entering passwords.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-08 4:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's weird. I'm just going by my C-1050, where the soft keyboard works fine. I suppose the C-1000 has an older version of Calligrapher.
 Top of the page
ricercar Page Icon Posted 2009-11-07 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Confirmed on a second VADEM Clio 1000: The software keyboard from Calligrapher is not functional under WinCE 2.11.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9