x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just wondering--MP3's on a Compaq C140 CE1?

H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2009-10-06 7:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm just curious--can one play mp3 files on a compaq c140. I have one that I find myself using outside (great screen in sunlight) for text.

If mp3 playing is possible--what program do you use fo playing them.

I have the CE 1 version.

H2O Guru
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-06 9:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Never in a million years.
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2009-10-06 9:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks, CE Geek. That's what I had gleamed from the forums, but it never hurts to ask a stupid question...

HG
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-07 1:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, there's one way: you can upgrade the C-140 to CE 2 (good luck finding an upgrade ROM) and then install Xaudio or Hum.
 Top of the page
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2009-10-07 2:06 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I had thought of the upgrade (given that I could find the upgrade ROM). But I read somewhere that the C140 is not really as good as a CE2 device as it is as a CE1 device--sorta a clunker running CE2. Have no experience with it. Probably will not look too hard for a ROM, but if one fell in my lap...

It was that thread on monochrome devices that caused me to fish out my 200LX and my C140 from the closet, add batteries get started on a new time sink

But I do have to say, my C140 is really in mint condition. So here I am carrying it around, typing notes for my class that I'm taking and using it in the car to read, re-read as I wait to pick my kid up at school. The screen is really cool in sunlight and I sorta like the thumb typing that I can do with it.

Another example of why just 1 HPC is never enough...

HG

Edited by H2OGuru 2009-10-07 2:10 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9