x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cnmbook WIN CE image on Razorbook ARM CE?

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-11-27 4:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

SmartIrc seems to work out of the box:

http://kny.iki.fi/smartirc/

Unfortunately, because it's a .NET CF program, the menu bar covers the top of the application window - which is exactly where the input message line is. And it also doesn't show a side bar with the user list (though you can enter the Names command to see the list).

How about installing the eVB runtimes to \NandFlash and specifying that path in HKLM/Loader? (You can also do this with the .NET CF 2.0 or higher runtimes, but it's a little more complicated: you have to change the value for "Windows" in HKLM/System/Explorer/Shell Folders to \NandFlash, because the installer will ignore your choice and install to \Windows anyway. Also, you have to install the applications depending on those runtimes in the same folder, and you have to manually enable the higher .NET CF runtime version in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/.NET Compact Framework. )

Edited by CE Geek 2009-11-27 5:23 AM
 Top of the page
eric
eric Page Icon Posted 2009-12-18 11:44 AM
#
Hi,

Can you tell me how to flash razorbook if it froze on boot? My razorbook runs windows ce.
Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-18 12:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Just get the most recent ROM image package from H/PC:Update on this site (under "Support & Tutorials" ) and use the utility included in the ZIP package on your PC to install the ROM image on an SD card. Then put the SD card in the slot in the RazorBook and power it on. It'll flash the ROM image automatically. (Be advised, though, that it may take several tries to properly install the ROM image on the card. The install utility, which was supplied by the now-defunct 3K Computers, is a bit buggy and doesn't always install the image properly. Check the SD card's properties on the PC after the install to see the "In Use" volume - it should be a few MB if the image was installed properly. The full 48 MB of the original image file is not copied to the card.)
 Top of the page
eric799 Page Icon Posted 2009-12-19 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Thank you for your reply and help . I have downloaded the rom. Hope it works on my razorbook.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-12-21 4:02 AM
#
H/PC Elder

What about zirc
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2009-12-21 2:24 PM
#
You mean zsirc? Doesn't work. Splatter loads but shows no text or formatting. Wmirc doesn't work. Pocketirc doesn't work. I finally got ircce to work by editing the cab.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9