x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Gmail on WinCE 2.0

neamtzu90 Page Icon Posted 2009-10-17 11:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

I had a Ericsson MC16 for a long time, and never had found a use for it. Now I found out that I could use a WLAN card the Internet.
My question is how could I check GMail, Yahoo Mail, etc on in ? it tells my that a secure connection could not be established. is there a way round this ??

Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2009-10-18 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm not aware that anyone has ever succeeded in building OpenSSL for WCE 2.0. I've built it for 2.11, but there were a number of missing functions when I tried 2.0.
 Top of the page
Mr. Winkler
Mr. Winkler Page Icon Posted 2010-06-11 4:15 PM
#
Could you please share how you did this and or supply some downloadable ...stuff?
would be GREAT!
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2010-08-04 4:09 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I compile OpenSSL for WinCE 2.x with Visual Studio 6 plus the Windows CE Toolkit for VS6 (on a Pentium-II laptop, 400MHz ). You may be able to find this on eBay. I think the free eMbedded Visual C++ downloads you can get don't go back to such an old version of CE (I use eVC3 to build for WinCE3).

You'll need to hunt down the source code for WCEcompat, which used to be available from essemer.com.au, but is no longer.

Then you'll need the source code for OpenSSL from openssl.org/source.

Once you've gotten wcecompat compiled, let me know. There are a few problems I had with the OpenSSL source, perhaps because I was using an older compiler, or perhaps because I'm targeting an older platform, but they were trivial things like replacing "_timeb" with "timeb".
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10