x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Media Program for NEC 780?

bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2009-10-18 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Anyone know where one can download a cab file format media program that will install in an NEC 780
(Win Handheld Professional; Win CE V 2.11)?

Also, is it possible to install an encyclopedia CD to a CF card? If so, can anyone point me to a link that explains how its done?

My Handhelds could give me another decade of excellent service if its possible to install and run an encyclopedia and full dictionary in them. I'm medically handicapped and alone during the work day. I have Franklin dictionary and single volume encyclopedia electronic books but handheld PC versions would reduce things to one device and allow greater breadth and depth reference sources. I've considered netbooks but I find a handheld much more handy.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-10-18 6:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is an embedded card format utility in Windows CE, but it only works when the device can't recognize the card (that's when you get the dialog asking if you want to format the card "so the system can use it" ). CNetX Flash Format will format the card on-device on demand, but it's not free (though there is a free trial period):

http://www.cnetx.com/format/download.asp
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2009-10-18 6:36 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thank you for the response and the link.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2009-10-18 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

bruisedquasar - 2009-10-18 5:37 PM

Anyone know where one can download a cab file format media program that will install in an NEC 780
(Win Handheld Professional; Win CE V 2.11)?

Were you looking for a media program that was in the cab file format or were you looking for a program that formats media and/or makes cab files?

I was about to suggest HPC Media Player (found on this site) when I saw the follow-up message and was confused...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-10-19 5:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Like hmascience I'm sililarly perplexed.

If you're looking for a multimedia player, then TCPMP from downloads
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 21 - Executed queries : 51