x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE5320X Handheld Data Collector

angelo1108 Page Icon Posted 2009-11-04 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Currently I have a CE5320X Hand held Data Collector device, this is a utility that can read their meters using this walk-by mobile. So this is being used in order to collect meter readings ..what I actually want to create by now is that..

1. I want to ask how may I start develop using VB6 programming language tool?..considering what I have right now is the Handheld Data Collector device with Windows CE environment..

and i want it to develop in a windows operating system..

So, may I ask for your help any expert on this.. on what to install?..and the steps..
actually I just want to develop even a very simple program running in Windows CE in a handheld device,.,.

Hope for your help guys and support..

And Thank you very much..
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-05 5:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If the device is running Windows CE 2.11 or higher then you can install eVT3 (original edition) and use eVB6 for development - this is free.
If you want to use Visual Studio 6 to do it you need to buy the Windows CE Toolkit for Visual Studio 6 - not free

If the device uses CE3 or higher (officially) you can use VB .net - and there are .net framework ports back for CE2 revisions. You can use visual studio for this, just remember to set the framework dependencies for .net CF 1 only.
 Top of the page
angelo1108 Page Icon Posted 2009-11-05 7:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks really for your help..But I'm still curious,since I am still a new systems developer..
actually the device is running in Windows CE.NET 4.2..

Actually, what is in my mind is that ..is it impossible to develop this program in XP?,if so? are there any development tool, that would let me develop this in windows XP?..,since what I have right now is the VB6 programming tool environment running in windows XP OS, and the Handheld PC device with windows CE.NET 4.2 ..

Sorry for not so good in english guys..
And thank you in advance for your help..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9