x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 680 internet Explorer won't work(wireless connected)

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2009-11-11 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

upgrade your card to 128bit. I did it to mine. there's an agere silver to gold card hack online, I might try and dig up memories from my brain for you.
basically, it will involve a firmware patch that you flash onto the card.

edit: if you don't want to do the firmware flash, then just turn off WEP, 64bit is nothing anyway, use MAC address filtering instead

Edited by cmonex 2009-11-11 12:26 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-11 1:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2009-11-11 5:24 PM
edit: if you don't want to do the firmware flash, then just turn off WEP, 64bit is nothing anyway, use MAC address filtering instead
Fair point.

It takes less than 3 minutes to hack wep128 anyway, so the suggestion of mac filtering is a good one.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-11-11 4:36 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2009-11-11 1:42 PM

Fair point.

It takes less than 3 minutes to hack wep128 anyway, so the suggestion of mac filtering is a good one.

Well, if the person is able to hack their WEP-encrypted network that quickly, then mac filtering is no bother for that hacker since that is just as easily bypassed.

Edited by mscdex 2009-11-11 4:36 PM
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-11 7:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It worked at the bookstore using the free wifi. So it had to be my router. After reading a crap load of documentation for my netgrear router I figured it out. Thank you for the mac address info. Here is what I did:

Went to my router login page and logged in for the millionth time. I went to wireless settings. Turned on access control by mac address. Saw the mac address for my card. clicked add. DONE!! Jezzz. New it had to be something stupidly simple!!

Thank you for putting up with me for so long on this!!!!!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-12 4:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

mscdex - 2009-11-11 9:36 PM

C:Amie - 2009-11-11 1:42 PM

Fair point.

Well, if the person is able to hack their WEP-encrypted network that quickly, then mac filtering is no bother for that hacker since that is just as easily bypassed.
Using both together is a better approach to one; you have to scale the risk as comparable to the maximum supported technology MSCDEX. WPA isn't an option so Cmonex is right to suggest how to be in as best a position as can be given the circumstances.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9