x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 680 internet Explorer won't work(wireless connected)

1 2
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-07 12:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks to this site and reading forums I got the right driver (WLAGS46) for my Lucent WaveLan IEEE 802.11 Turbo 11Mb. My Jornada is 2.11 (3.0 updated to 3.1) Windows CE, Went to the internet site from my desktop to get my netgear router specks. Set up my profile, did hexidecmial Key 1 and entered the info specs of my router. All seems good.

it say:
CLIENT: Ready
Network: HISTORYSLEUTH
Connection: excellent
BS: (All the right numbers)
Channel 6
Encryption: Wep Encryption

Put my card in and it comes right up. lights a flashing, All my little green bars in bottom right of my jornada screen by the clock show full signal. I can scan and see everyone elses networks closeby my house including mine, so it must be working right.
If I go to advanced and do a "link test" it shows my mac address, link speed, my signal the numbers keep going up, right now at 116
Everything seems to be fine. HOWEVER>>>>as soon as I try to get on the internet through explorer, any site at all (I'll use http://www.yahoo.com for my example) a box instantly pops up and say:
MICROSOFT POCKET INTERNET EXPLORER
The internet site "www.yahoo.com" could not be found. Please verify that the address is correct and try again.

I haven't been to a free wifi place yet to see if it works there, but still it sure looks like I got everything set right with my router and shows a great signal. So why isn't the IE finding anything?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-07 2:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

First off: Install vxUtil and check that you are getting an IP address from the DHCP server.
 Top of the page
fiftycal Page Icon Posted 2009-11-08 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am having the same problem. I cannot get my Jornada 540 to connect via TCP/IP although the wireless card does make the wireless and WEP connection. I have tried DHCP, and static IP addressing but to no avail.
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

What is the vxUtil and can I get it at this site?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 3:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK I didn't find it when I searched hpcfactor downloads but I found it here http://www.cambridgevx.com/vxutil_pers.html
Read the readme file, so I'll install and let you know. Thank you C:Amie for your quick reply
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 3:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Funny! I was looking the same time you were typing! Thanks for the help!
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 4:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well that didn't work. Its still not picking up an IP address. Where do I "statically assign an address" ? Would it by the address of my router??
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Do I need to install Network Service Pack for Windows CE 2.00 found on this site? (I did the service pack 1 already)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-11-09 5:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not on the 680 - the files are supposed to be in ROM already.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-10 5:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you aren't getting an IP address, then I would imagine that you still have't got past the security of the network. Check that you're using WEP not WPA and then check that you're driver supports WEP128 and after that ensure that you're entering hex pairs instead of passphrases for the security key.
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-10 9:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm using WEP . Card is 64 bit. Tried changed the router to 64 bit and that didn't work. I then changed the router back to 128, then downloaded the upgrade from this site for windows CE for 128 bit. That didn't work. Its not that I'm not connecting to the router, I can't get on internet explorer. Interestingly enough, when I had my jornada synced to my pc, had the card in on the jornada, and was changing things in my router, the signal on my jornada would drop (those green bars) until the new setting took place on my router. Then I had full green bars again. Says I got an excellent connection. Doesn't firefox make a browser for Windows CE??? I bet there would be a problem at all.
Later I'm going up to the bookstore to see if I pick up their free wifi and if internet explorer still doesn't let me on there, I may have to give up.
Just so you know here is what my Network says in control panel
Agere Wireless Network Driver (H1)
Agere Wireless Network Driver (H2)
NE2000 Compatible Ethernet Driver
PROXIM Ethernet Driver

Under "properties" all are set to "Obtain an IP address via DHCP"

If I go into "identification" for each one, there is something that may be weird (I never did it)
User Name: (blank)
Password: ********
Domain: (blank)

I never set any password. Is that suppose to be there? Even if I try to erase it, it just comes back. I downloaded the driver from this website for my card. (Specs in my original post above).
Sure wish a user manual came with the program for this wireless card, although I just don't see what I'm missing. Signal sure looks great!

Edited by HistorySleuth 2009-11-10 10:02 AM
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-10 10:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oh yes, I tried using hexadecimal, but when I go back in and look at the settings the button is checked for Alphanumeric characters.
My key 1, 2, 3, 4, on my router was 26 characters in combination of 0-9 A-F. I did try the 64 bit (less characters) for the router keys. that didn't work at all. So at the moment, strong signal, no internet connection.
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-10 10:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did install the vxUtil although I'm not sure how it works. I went to file, did a ping test. Ran a line of numbers which I won't retype.
In the end it said "Total 5, Good 5 (100%), Bad 0 (0%)
I did a Ping Sweep too. It said Good 1, Bad 0
Trace route it says" Trace route 0.0.0.0, 1 bad destination, Trace end

I also tried turning off my virus software on my desktop in case it was that blocking access to the router as an intruder, but no wasn't that either.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-11 8:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The 128-bit SSL update isn't anything to do with the WiFi WEP128.

If the driver doesn't support 128-bit WEP then you cannot use WEP64 to connect to WEP128.

In HEX, the security word should be 13 charactters long 0-9, A-F for 64-bit and 26 long for 128-bit.

In vxUtil you need to look at the ip configuration information and when pinging try pinging the IP address of your router.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10