x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada680/windows CE/ invalid URLs in internet explorer

1 2
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-16 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now that I've solved my connection issues, I would like to be able to actually do something on the internet. My kids are happy because Myspace and Facebook mobile seem to work and they can actually see photos.

I can go to the main search page for mobile msn or yahoo However when I try to do a search I get "Not found The requested URL /1.0 was not found on this server" OR "Bad Request Invalid URL" or if I try to log into yahoo mail I get "Sorry, bad request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand Invalid URL in request GET HTTP/1.0" Any little pictures are those broken square things, no pics. I understand the technology might not be able to do everything, but some things would be nice. Does Mozilla Firefox have a browser for pocket PC??

So am I still missing something?
My driver is (WLAGS46) for my Lucent WaveLan IEEE 802.11 Turbo 11Mb. My Jornada is 2.11 (3.0 updated to 3.1) Windows CE.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-17 5:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"Invalid URL in request GET HTTP/1.0"

There's your problem, web servers these days run on http 1.1 and this particular server requires 1.1 extensions and keep alive I would imagine to perform dynamic rendering.
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-17 11:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK So is there anything I can do about that? Is it some upgrade needed in the windows ce pocket internet explorer, or wifi card?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-18 5:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It has nothing to do with the wifi adapter, it's all about the browser. There was never an upgrade route for the 2.11 browser I'm afraid. Some Linux redist is the most salient answer.
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 3:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

It says it is Pocket Internet explorer 3.0. So the upgrade to that didn't matter?
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 3:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for your help C:Amie, and forgive for my lack of knowledge with this gadget. What is Linux redist?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 3:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

He means you'd have to install a Linux platform (such as JLime) on the 680 and run the Linux operating system on the device to have possible alternative Web browsers available to use on it. (See the Linux/Unix forum section for details.)
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 4:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you. I got that on a card that came with my jornada, but it froze it up the one time and I had to reload everything.

In snooping around on the internet, I came across this.
A Windows CE 3.0 Based Web Browser for the PocketPC 2000
http://www.wappearances.com/code/webview/webview.htm

On the web site here on windows ce http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/windowsce/wince211/ ot says "Pocket Internet Explorer 3.0. Mozilla 3.2 Compatible"
Can I use mozilla?

I know I'm beating myself with a brick aren't I? Just seems the more I read, some people develop software for these things. I don't need to see pictures, just words.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 7:11 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

>>>In snooping around on the internet, I came across this.
A Windows CE 3.0 Based Web Browser for the PocketPC 2000

That's about using IE libraries. Nothing useful to You.

>>>"Pocket Internet Explorer 3.0. Mozilla 3.2 Compatible"
This is browser identification string and nothing more. It means that PIE 3.0 is compatible with Mozilla 3.2. And there's NO MOZILLA FOR WINDOWS CE.
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Oh well. Thank you all for your help. I greatly appreciated it!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-23 9:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are no browser upgrades in an official capacity for CE 2.11, the SP doesn't change MSPIE. There were one or two attempts to release third party browsers for 2.11, however they were aimed at the PsPC which lacked any browser and ultimately offered even less functionality.

I suggest either exploring linux or trading up to a HPC2000 or CE 4 device if it is absolutely necessary to resolve these issues.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2009-11-23 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Or try Conduits PocketBrowser...
http://www.conduits.com/products/browser/
 Top of the page
HistorySleuth Page Icon Posted 2009-12-03 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks I'll take a look at that. In the mean time, if anyone else is having the same problem, I just oppened pocket internet explorer and tried different browsers till I found one that worked, which was http://www.altavista.com It must still use 1.0 html encoding because I didn't get the error, and when I did a search, it seemed to give me links I could read. So I was able to do some mormal stuff. read the news, and even see pictures. So yippie!

Since I can't get on yahoo, I nect have to set up my pocket outlook to access my yahoo mail (if its possible.)
 Top of the page
BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2009-12-11 9:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

What CPU does the Jordana use? If it's a MIPS, try Worldtalk.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-12-12 3:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No can do - it's SH3.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10