x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Aironet 350 Driver Install Instuctions for Jornada 820

rayforrest Page Icon Posted 2009-11-20 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Subject: Aironet 350 Driver Install Instuctions for Jornada 820

Hey, I am a new member of HPCFactor. I have a HP Jornada 820 and a Cisco Aironet 350 wireless LAN card. The software is Windows CE, core ver. 2.11 running on a StrongARM cpu. I have checked the HCL and downloaded a number of drivers for the LAN card but have been unsuccessful in installing the driver. I am installing files manually after importing via a CF memory card since I do not have a serial com port on my desk top. I did install a later CE ver driver but the LAN card did not recognize it.

I have read several threads in this a other HPCFactor forums. There is a lot of educational information here, I can not solve my specific probplem. It ocurrs to me that there may be a thread somewhere on site that will provide me thestep by step "how to" guide I need. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Ray Forrest
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-21 5:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

What error messages are you seeing?
 Top of the page
rayforrest Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Error Message:
Setup Failed: The application can not run on this device type. Please install the application specific to this device type.

Thanks for responding to need for help. Ray
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-11-22 2:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That sounds like a CAB file error message. What's the name of the CAB file you're using?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-23 9:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As CE Geek asked.

Be aware that you're supposed to match the driver version and firmware version on the card when you actually get it working, so make sure that you use the higest possible for the device and flash the card accordingly.
 Top of the page
rayforrest Page Icon Posted 2009-11-23 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, it must be a cab file error. I tried several. I had some difficulty getting this one, "Cisco Ppc 3x86", etracted from the downloaded install file. I thought it was the appropriate one for Windows CE, core ver. 2.11 running on a StrongARM cpu, but I notice it is identified as "3x86", is this a problem? I will really need help if I have to update the firmware version on the Cisco card. How do you find the current version and flash the card with the appropriate version?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-23 2:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"Cisco Ppc 3x86" It also has PPC in it, which means that it's a Pocket PC driver, not a HPC driver.

You are looking for a SA1100 cab.
 Top of the page
rayforrest Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 9:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can not find a Cisco SA1100 cab file. Can you point me in right

direction? I have downloaded several installation packages from your

site and Cisco site. I do not know how to extract cab files from

installation packages which I need to install driver manually via a CF

card. I do not have a serial com port on my desktop. Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-11-25 4:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try using CiscoHpc3SA.cab from the drivers listed in the HCL as supported under 2.11.

If that doesn't work then search the download centre for CiscoWinCE211v200.exe and try that one.

When you get it working, PLEASE go to the HCL and vote for the card and the device, this way we know that there is a successful way to get it working on the 820.

If there are any drivers that you have tried ***SA cab's for that do not work on 2.11, please post back here and I'll unlink the driver in the HCL.

I have uploaded several infated-*******.zip files to the cisco listing on the HCL tonight, these zip's contain the client cabs without the host installer.
 Top of the page
rayforrest Page Icon Posted 2009-11-26 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks so much for your help, this a great web site. I will report back on my results. Happy Thanksgiving, Ray
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9