x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Razorbook CE Working Applications

1 2 3 4 5 6
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2009-11-28 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok, since i picked one of these up cheap i thought i'd start a thread about what programs work on this beast. If you run across more that works feel free to post them. I'm only posting what isn't already included in ROM, like tcpmp, freecell,q3mail etc.

Editors: mg (vi like editor), tre (registry editor), tombo (text editor?)

Emulators: pocketDOS (dos), pocketnester (nes), YameCE (nes/gameboy)

Games: nankin (mahjongg), nethack, par 3 golf, pocket humanity, pocket chess

Internet: aim-2.0.13 (aol/icq messenger), ftxbrowser (tabbed browsing for IE), npopuk (email), pocketputty (ssh/telnet), sniffi (wifi scanner)

Multimedia: GQe (image viewer), Nitrogen (mp3 player), pocketpaint (paint), soundwidget (taskbar volume control), swFlash32 (standalone flash player)

Office: Foxitreader (pdf viewer), Haalireader (ebook), mobipocket (ebook), pocket notepad (notepad), spreadCE (spreadsheet), uBook (ebook), textmaker/planmaker 2006

Utilities: Total commander (file manager/ftp client), gsfinder+ (file manager/shell), resinfo (taskbar system info), vxutil (net utilities), desappear (transparent icon app)

Things i can't get working that i need are an IRC client (for bitlbee) and/or some form of messenger that handles Yahoo.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2009-11-28 3:48 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-02-04 3:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Found a few more things that work.

Emulators: MameCE (multi arcade machine emulator)

Games: Crimson Fields, Dark Castle, The Quest, YachtCE, Duke3D (smartphone version), LTris (tetris)

Internet: eFTP (ftp client), ftpsvr (ftp server), Netfront 3.3 (browser), Port Forwarder (port forwarding utility), RoxIRC (tcl/tk irc client i hacked for CE that requires etcl which also works), UCWEB (browser), WCE FTP (ftp client), IrcCE (irc client that needs cab edited to install), ApacheCE (port of apache webserver for ce)

Multimedia: XNView Pocket (image viewer), Jinzo Paint (paint program)

Office: Text/Plan Maker 2002 and 2008 (office suite)

Programming/runtime: Etcl (tcl/tk for running tcl/tk apps or programming them)

Utilities: hpc2k calculator, EZDownload (download manager), ListPro, DevOne screensnap (screen capture), SpaceWatch (drive space util), ITskmgr (task manager), WinWatch, XacRett (Extracts multiple compressed formats), MS Power Toys (small collection of utilities)

Cheers.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-04 7:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows CE 4.x .net / CE 5.0

There's also a workaround for getting .NET CF versions newer than the built-in 1.0 to work on the RazorBook as well, which I described in the Pocket PC FAQ forums:

http://forums.pocketpcfaq.com/viewtopic.php?p=55557#55557
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 4:51 AM
#
has anyone gotten any instant messenger that can connect to yahoo running on one of these damn things?
i have gotten one and havent gotten a single IM program to open, they all spit out some sort of error message.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 6:23 AM
#
You have 2 options. 1) Install an irc client and connect to im.bitlbee.org (supports yahoo/msn/icq/aim and jabber) or 2) Install PhoneME (java) and use a java based messenger. I use both without issue.

Cheers
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 6:26 AM
#
thank you!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 6:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't been able to get the eTcl console to work properly on my RazorBook - among other things, the dialog box for selecting the files is incomplete, not allowing me to browse through the folder hierarchy. Which version of the runtime are you using, RTFM?
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 8:06 AM
#
I havent been able to find a decent irc client, they either dont exist on the internet anymore (As is the case with ircce) or dont work at all on this device (as is the case with any pocket pc irc clients)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 9:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We discussed this a little here as well:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14530&po...

Might be worth checking some of the programs mentioned there.
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-17 3:08 AM
#
the last post on that thread ends up reccamending ircce, i have gotten some pocket pc apps to run on here by including the necessary DLL's in the application folder (minesweeper and PaintWinCE if you want to know) and i wouldnt mind if i could get one of the very nice pocket pc im clients working on here (I use iMov on my HP iPaq, works great)
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-02-17 4:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

wdquine - 2010-02-16 3:06 AM
I havent been able to find a decent irc client, they either dont exist on the internet anymore (As is the case with ircce) or dont work at all on this device (as is the case with any pocket pc irc clients)

You can still download IrcCE from my site here. There is also Quackenchat (requires VB runtime to be installed).

wdquine - 2010-02-16 10:08 PM
[...] i wouldnt mind if i could get one of the very nice pocket pc im clients working on here (I use iMov on my HP iPaq, works great)

I'm not sure if you already know, but iMov Messenger also exists for HPCs. You can find the last freeware version at the first link above.
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-17 5:20 PM
#
thank you, i did not know this site existed previously
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-17 10:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If you use Quackenchat, you'd have to install the eVB runtime files to the \NandFlash folder instead of \Windows, or they's just get dumped from RAM before the next boot of the device. (And of course you'd have to register each of the runtime files using regsvrce.exe or RegSvr2.exe.)
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-18 2:41 AM
#
i have no idea what those programs are, heheb
 Top of the page
wdquine
wdquine Page Icon Posted 2010-02-18 3:56 AM
#
gah, iMov wont run on here, gives me a damn error message (at this rate im better off trashing this thing and grabbing my eeepc)
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 28