x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Razorbook CE Working Applications

1 2 3 4 5 6
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 10:40 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

HOw the heck do ya download that file! I don't wanna join anything!

Nevermind. LOL I finaly got it. Felt like I was stuck in the movie groundhogs day there for a while, though!

Edited by paulm64 2010-03-31 11:17 PM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 11:16 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

paulm64 - 2010-03-31 5:40 PM

HOw the heck do ya download that file! I don't wanna join anything!

You don't have to, scroll down and click the button that says "DOWNLOAD NOW with FileFactory Basic."
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 11:45 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks for the apps! I hope the battery metter I got from your files will work better than the useless one that came installed on my china netbook. L)
 Top of the page
paulm64 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 12:56 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Well, it turns out that the battery gauge in the zip file doesn't work either. I'm starting to think that no battery gauge will work. There must be something about these mini's that doesn't let the battery programs work. Maybe something in the bios. Or maybe a lack of bios.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 2:54 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I use an EPC MIPS Linux machine, and the battery gauge doesn't work on that either. It's a hardware issue, I think.

Jake
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 4:21 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I think it depends on the device and the ROM manufacturer. Both my ce5 and ce6 device's default battery meters work fine, as do 3rd party ones.

As for the mips linux netbooks for the battery meter we had to reverse engineer a different application to even get a battery meter semi working on it.
Non fully documented hardware is evil.

Cheers.

Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-04 2:47 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Updated the zip with a few more apps and plugins. Added the flac/wma/mp4 and mod plugins for gsplayer, added a midi player, added duke nukem 3d (without game data), added another mod/s3m/xm player and a few other things. Also took the time to tidy it up and categorized everything so it isnt so messy. Now games are in the \Games folder, Utilities are in \Utilities folder etc etc.

Download: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b0g1h57/n/winCEsoft.zip

Cheers.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 3:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I forgot to mention that a few apps in the above zip require GAPI to work (milkytracker, duke nukem 3d, the quest and scummvm for sure). Just copy your GX.dll and GX_HPC.ini into each of those apps folders.

Now for some excitement! I've managed to get DOOM working on CE6 and it runs great on my TinyBook.

Small video here: http://www.hostwork.com/users/matt/wince/doom2_tinybook_CE6.AVI (right click and save file as it wont stream)

Download: http://www.hostwork.com/users/matt/wince/DOOM4CE6.zip (read the readme inside the zip!)

Cheers
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 4:06 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM, did you have the Terminal Services Client in your zipfile working on CE6? The program runs on mine, but any keystrokes I type are scrambled as discussed in this other thread.

-Dana
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 7:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

RTFM, are you talking about the gx.dll and the gx_hpc.ini from the GAPI for HPCs CAB in the package? When I use that I just get GAPI for HPCs warning and error messages, cuz there's no device on the list that matches any of these netbooks.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 8:41 PM
#
In GAPI use the "emulator" option and choose 800x480 for resolution. It's not as fast, but it's the only way GAPI works on unsupported machines.

After setting that, i then copied the gx.dll and the .ini from \windows to each programs directory that needed GAPI. This way you can edit the .ini for each app. Example: for milkytracker i edited the .ini to autohide taskbar. This way you can have separate GAPI settings for each application without having to adjust it each and every time for different software.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 9:10 PM
#
Weird. Which device? In my last zip i uploaded i added gx.dll and the .ini to the folders of the software that needed it. Maybe you could just use those .ini since they are preset to use emulation.
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-06 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

RTFM - 2010-05-03 12:41 PM

In GAPI use the "emulator" option and choose 800x480 for resolution. It's not as fast, but it's the only way GAPI works on unsupported machines.

In the old old days, I wrote a gx.dll replacement for HPCs. I just ordered a 7" ARM netbook and let's see if I can make one which never requires you to use "emulation" as a method to draw on the display. I will be converting some of my software (game emulators, image viewers, utilities) to run well on these devices. I'll make new versions of my apps which don't depend on aygshell.dll and gx.dll so that users won't have to go through hoops to get things to run.

L.B.

P.S. I can't stand anything which runs slowly; there's really no excuse for "slow" on a 400/533Mhz ARM.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-06 5:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx, bitbank. Both will be a big help. The standalone gx.dll will still be useful for us with other apps, like TCPMP.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-07 8:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I tried the Microsoft Games PocketPak for Pocket PC (Cubicle Chaos, Fire Drill, Killer Commute, Stock Scramble, and Task Master) with the GAPI that RTFM included in his package, and the games run nicely in full screen. So far, at least Cubicle Chaos and Stock Scramble are working perfectly, except that in Cubicle Chaos the menu (summoned by pressing Esc) doesn't seem to work. (It does work fine in the other games, though.) In Killer Commute the arrow keys respond very sluggishly, rendering the game unplayable. (Remember the GAPI emulator is being used on these devices.) I'm still trying to figure out the key mapping and functions in the other games.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.375 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 26