x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Razorbook CE Working Applications

1 2 3 4 5 6
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 1:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM I tried the zipped version f skyfire on my augen ce 5. opens but does not load web pages because it don't find APN or something similar. The web exlpanation error page says that it require a cellular connection and refuse to work with wifi. Have you had the same experience or is there any work around?
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 3:09 AM
#
Same issue on my razorbook with ce5. Works fine on TinyBook with ce6 though.
 Top of the page
kwhitegocubs Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 10:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm looking into getting one of these, and I really want to know if a higher percentage of these apps work on the CE6 versions. Skyfire sounds like a quick browser, and if it works on most of the generic CE5s (or can be made to do so), that would be a big help. I want to get one of these to take to class and take notes when I start law school in the fall. My giant 7-pound Toshiba doesn't have great battery life and is definitely much more of a chore to slug around for little tasks like that.

I downloaded (on my regular PC) a copy of the zip to see whats in it. I was sad to see that Par 3 golf (which I can't find anywhere online) wasn't in there. I love golf games.

Also, aliexpress has the 5.0ers for 72 bucks free shipping, but I don't know about buying directly from China without the safe go-between of ebay.

BTW, my MobilePro 880 bit the dust as a casualty of not plugging in the right adapter and frying it .
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 7:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

At this point I wouldn't say I higher percentage work on CE 6; so far it looks like they're running almost neck-and-neck in the number of working apps, with one exception: some Windows Mobile 5 and 6 apps can be made to work on the CE 6 devices by adding a few Pocket PC DLL files.

(I'm just taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing you're from Chicago. )
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 8:11 PM
#
I'd lean towards ce6. I've found more stuff works on my ce6 netbook than my ce5 netbook. A lot of the webkit based browsers don't seem to work on ce5, doom doesn't work etc.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
kwhitegocubs Page Icon Posted 2010-05-14 2:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Originally from Rockford, actually, but living in North Dakota currently. How did you almost know? Heading east in the fall to W&M, though.

I'm leaning CE 6.0 from the response, plus I'd guess there'll be a 6.0 R3 ROM floating around soon enough that will be flashable to the 6.0 versions.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-14 5:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

One hopes so.

I think the last six letters of your username gave me a clue as to your whereabouts.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-16 11:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

DockWare works nicely on all my CE 5 and 6 netbooks, with one exception: it won't work on my generic VT8500 CE 6 device. (It just goes to a dark screen and displays nothing, closing upon mouse click or key press.) One small inconvenience on the Anyka device (Konaki Netbook Wonder running CE 5): I can't access the settings with Alt+Enter because it closes as soon as I press the Alt key. (Settings can be changed in the registry, but you have to know the exact location in the hex sequence.) I found some gorgeous 800x480 images on this site:

http://obukhoff.su/photos/index.php
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 4:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

RTFM - 2010-05-14 12:11 PM

I'd lean towards ce6. I've found more stuff works on my ce6 netbook than my ce5 netbook. A lot of the webkit based browsers don't seem to work on ce5, doom doesn't work etc.

Cheers.

I would imagine this is due to the WinCE 5 netbooks using Windows CE version 5.00. Windows Mobile 5 and 6 are built on versions of CE starting with 5.01. This small difference in version numbers prevents the EXE from running on the CE 5.00 netbook. You could probably patch the EXE to lower the stored version number and make it work. I'll have to give that a try and see if it works.

L.B.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 6:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I hope you have better luck than I've had. Few if any WM 5 or 6 programs are working for me after the OS hexedit. Eg, I tried hexediting Vexed to CE 5.00, and I just get an error message saying something about an error of unknown cause and saying "Program will now exit." Hexediting the CAB does no good because of course the CAB won't install anyway. (It opens in CE 6, but the display is messed up no matter which version of gx.dll I use.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-23 5:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Virtual Pool Mobile ( http://www.celeris.com/games/VPMobile/main.html ) works perfectly in full screen using RTFM's GAPI.
 Top of the page
pete_w Page Icon Posted 2010-07-21 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

For anyone who is after a basic IRC chat client for WinCE i have done a quick port of a little program i wrote for Windows/Linux. Its aimed at 800x480 res. machines for the moment.

Its been tested working on a CnMBook Silver running WinCE 5 so hopefully might be some use to someone

You can grab it here

Just unzip it somewhere and run it

Great to discover a community that likes tinkering with mini PCs btw
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-07-21 8:21 PM
#
Awesome! I hope it works on ce6 also. IrcCE works on ce5 but not 6, and every other irc client i tried fails to run on ce6 (with the exception of java irc clients which are ugly and hard to use). I did port RoxIRC (a tcl/tk irc client) to work on CE using etcl, but its kind of a hack job. However it does support colors, logging, clicking on a url opens IE, dcc transfer etc.

Anyway i'll test this on ce6 tonight or tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

Cheers
 Top of the page
pete_w Page Icon Posted 2010-07-21 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

This one is a little more basic than that. But supports general chat in a single chatroom and PMs as its original aim to was simplify IRC chat for people who weren't IRC experts sort of thing. Hopefully will get round to adding urls, colors etc. at some point though as it wouldn't take much work.

It should in theory run on any version of CE from 3 onwards, it doesn't rely on any external dlls apart from the core ones which should always be present on CE. I will put together a smaller res. version for older CE devices when i get a minute, be interesting to see if it will actually run on them.

P.S. Got your 3MX Ultra on my mipsbook. Excellent work

Buying these things is addictive lol - next on my list will be a 8505 with CE6 i reckon.

Edited by pete_w 2010-07-21 8:44 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-07-22 7:53 PM
#
Well...somewhat good news. It runs on ce6 with 1 oddity. The bottom tabs that show server/channel arent there. The server tab is somewhat, but the channel tab isnt. I accidently clicked the server tab after joining a channel and there was no way to switch back to the channel. Otherwise its a great start.

As for 3MX Ultra...thanks. Not sure what release you currently use, but i uploaded Ultra3 about a month ago.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 29