x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nationite MIDNite Xpress

wyrm Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 11:47 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I've just ordered a Nationite MIDNite Xpress

Looks like a nice gadget for that price! I'll post my experience with it as soon as it arrives...

Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2009-11-29 4:07 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There's lots of these types of devices in China. I'm waiting for the RAmos W7 myself.

On a side note, I've heard a lot of bad experiences from people over on the SmartQMID forums about ordering from mp4nation (mostly about really slow shipping I think?).
 Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2009-12-02 2:20 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I was going through the forum on mp4nation.com and read a very disturbing post! The MID only has WEP security and isn't capable of doing WPA

According to some of the members there it is because in CE 5.0 WPA isn't supported. Is that true?

I guess downgrading to WEP at home isn't a big issue, but I fear the MID is pretty useless outside, 'cause most/all public hotspots are WPA secured....I wish it would have been made clear in the advert of the Xpress or that I did more investigation before I bought it....
 Top of the page
iforevans Page Icon Posted 2009-12-02 8:54 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

wyrm - 2009-12-02 2:20 AM

I was going through the forum on mp4nation.com and read a very disturbing post! The MID only has WEP security and isn't capable of doing WPA

According to some of the members there it is because in CE 5.0 WPA isn't supported. Is that true?

I guess downgrading to WEP at home isn't a big issue, but I fear the MID is pretty useless outside, 'cause most/all public hotspots are WPA secured....I wish it would have been made clear in the advert of the Xpress or that I did more investigation before I bought it....

I have a WINCE 5.0 device with built in WiFI (Disgo 3000) it can certainly handle WPA just fine ... my home network is WPA it has not problems connecting.

PS Most hotspots are not encrypted at all otherwise nobody would be able to connect to them in the first place
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2009-12-02 10:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Interesting that the advertising material shows a screenshot of Twitter. I can't get the twitter website to load in IE on CE 5.0. It gives me all kinds of errors.
 Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2009-12-02 1:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

iforevans - 2009-12-02 2:54 PM
PS Most hotspots are not encrypted at all otherwise nobody would be able to connect to them in the first place

You're right about the free ones

The ones in hotels for example, where you have to pay to get access, are WPA seccured...
 Top of the page
jegeasta
jegeasta Page Icon Posted 2009-12-03 12:33 AM
#
I am on the fence for getting this also, please do a review when you get it.
 Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2009-12-03 4:16 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

The discount ends at 12-05!

The Xpress is due to arrive comming saturday at MP4nation and the units will be shipped next monday.
I'll do a review as soon as I've got the Xpress.

Edited by wyrm 2009-12-03 4:26 AM
 Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2009-12-28 7:31 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

If it sounds too good, it problably is...
MP4nation.net
To all those that have placed a preorder for the Nationite MIDNite Xpress, i regret to inform that we will not be able to provide you with this player. Due to circumstance well beyond my control, the factory is unable to product the Xpress units as they are meant to be made, this is due to shortage of components, although there are alternative components available, to use these it would require a change in the firmware, however the factory does not have the technical know how to do this.

We can't keep waiting for the factory to either get the right components or hope to get an engineer capable of amending the firmware for the alternative components. So as of today we canceled the entire order for the Xpress units.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10