x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Another Windows CE netbook

[Frozen]
Frozen
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-12-03 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Here is another Windows CE based netbook.

http://www.pmptoday.com/2009/03/16/7-inch-deepc-netbook-runs-window...

Why don't we make a section regarding different model of windows ce netbook found on the net?

Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2009-12-05 4:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Mainly because these alll appear to be the same device. This looks like (yet another) Alpha 400/RazorBook/CnMBook/Prometium/etc. variant.

CE Geek just bought a CE6 version and is discussing it in this thread.
 Top of the page
WoT Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've got such model but with ARM 256MHz
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 12:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

They are all so similar...if not identical. I wonder how many will come out with an OS flash, and how many of them will be compatible with one another. I bet sooner or later I will be able to flash my Augen eGo with CE6 from some other clone...

I saw another on eBay tonight... http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Mini-Netbook-Laptop-Notebook-WIFI-Windows-CE6...

It sure looks like mine...and all the others.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 1:33 AM
#
What is you feel after some ay of use of the augen, Rich, have it replaced the MP?

I ordered one and I'm waitin for it.

Rich Hawley - 2010-04-15 12:41 AM

They are all so similar...if not identical. I wonder how many will come out with an OS flash, and how many of them will be compatible with one another. I bet sooner or later I will be able to flash my Augen eGo with CE6 from some other clone...

I saw another on eBay tonight... http://cgi.ebay.com/7-Mini-Netbook-Laptop-Notebook-WIFI-Windows-CE6...

It sure looks like mine...and all the others.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 6:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The 533 MHz silver version that Rich and I have is a really nice device. Personally, I have no plans to reflash mine if an upgrade ROM image becomes available.

I like that desktop utility on the right side of the screen of the device in the eBay listing Rich posted. (LOL at the claim of an Atom processor, though. )
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 1:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Slycarter - 2009-12-03 11:42 AM

Here is another Windows CE based netbook.

http://www.pmptoday.com/2009/03/16/7-inch-deepc-netbook-runs-window...

Why don't we make a section regarding different model of windows ce netbook found on the net?

2GB of RAM.... Does CE 6.0 require that much? Or for other things like ramdrive, etc?
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 1:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Since there's no mention of a flash drive, I suspect it's an error and the 2GB is actually the flash drive size and the RAM is 128MB like all the other CE minibooks. It's clearly the same device as all the others.

-Dana

Edited by Dana 2010-04-15 1:21 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-15 2:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I haven't played with mine as much as I'd like to lately; I've been too busy catching up. I was off work for 6 weeks with shoulder surgery, then my dad died a couple weeks ago and had a lot of untied ends that needed to be taken care of, and then this week I was busy teaching again. Luckily I have no classes today, so today is a time to play...right after I grade some attempts at composition.

But I really like the Augen eGo I have. It is fast. I really only have two complaints with it.

The first is the keyboard is tiny, too tiny for my preferences. Only a tad larger than my 728. But if I am slow and careful I can make do. Still the right-shift key is too small, and the period key is too far left for my tastes.

The other issue I am having with it is the screen. It is really hard for me to see the tiny stuff, even though it is crystal clear. If you want an idea of what it is like, for those of you who have a Jornada HPC, the visible viewing area of the screen is exactly the same width on these netbooks as it is the Jornadas. So use Nyditot and set the resolution for 800 pixels wide and 480 pixels tall and you will see exactly what I see. Of course mine is far more clear, but you get an idea of how tiny the fonts are and you then begin to realize that long term use will probably result in migraine headaches.

No rgisondi, it hasn't replaced my MP...not yet. If I were still a student in college, which is where I really used to heavily rely on my MP, then I think my 900C would still be my unit of choice. Only because for serious data entry...I need the near full-size keyboard. And the snazzy CE5/6 netbooks have nothing to offer over the older HPCs when it comes to text entry. But these days, being more directed to online activities...well the netbooks not only carry their own weight with ease, but they really leave my MP stuggling to stand.

Time will tell which path I will choose to take...

Top of the page
misterspock1 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-21 11:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

A buddy of mine, just got one of the Augen E-go's, with the 533 MHz ARM and Windows CE 5.0. Somehow he deleted the Windows directory on the devicxe (which also seemed to contain the office applications and skype.. Does anyone know how to get these back if possible, maybe via download or system restore? I will provide any details people need.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 2:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

A reset should restore the windows directory from the permanent storage. If not, perhaps a "hard" reset (try powering on while holding the reset button) might do it.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 14