x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Downloading files on HPC?

Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-01-16 8:30 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there any way to use Pocket IE to download a file (as you would in desktop IE. rightclick and "save target as"?

I use my Jornada 690 mainly for ebook reading and some web browsing. I have Mobipocket reader and Ansyr Primer for pdf's. If I'm on a web page with a link to mobi or pdf files and I click on the link, sometimes I get a "do you want to save this file" and life is good, but more often it tries to open the file directly in PIE, and naturally I get garbage on the screen. If I try to "save as" from that point, I get a file that Mobipocket or Primer say is corrupt and can't open.

I've also tried Conduit Pocket Browser, and although that has a way to download a link which sometimes works, it has other problems (like frequently locking up and plain refusing to load some web pages).

I'd really like for it to simply download the file when I click on it and then open it in Mobi or Primer, as appropriate, just like it would in any desktop browser without a plugin installed.

Or am I trying to force an obsolete OS to do tricks it's not capable of?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-01-16 4:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try EzDownload. The author's site is closed, so here's the SH3 version:

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EzDownload.exe (70KB - 13 downloads)
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-01-16 6:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks... I had heard of EZ Download but hadn't found it. Still seems cumbersome though, no way to get the files URL into the program other than clicking on it in PIE, then copying it out of the address bar when it tries to load... or am I missing something?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.199 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10