x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS:Global] Assorted H/PCs

1 2
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 10:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

690 sold, along with one of the V212s. Donations have been forwarded in these buyers' names.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Spent 5 min trying to find the site $$ contribution link and no success yet. Might put a static link on the banner somewhere so it is always accessable and obvous.

Edited by Hal 2010-02-10 3:10 PM
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 7:48 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

CE Geek - 2010-02-07 12:38 AM

CE 5.0. (I wasn't aware there ever was a CE 6.0 upgrade for these. Is it still available online somewhere? )

I read a thread in one of the forum that someone had a CE6.0 image that he could dump & use to flash onto 5.0 models.
Can this device function as a full touch screen HPC or it is just for RDP functions?
Am interested but don't want just a RDP client.
Please advise.
Thanks!

Konker
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 8:02 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No, it's fully open - it boots by default to the core CE desktop. (It was the V110 and V150 that were closed.)

I think the CE 6.0 dump-and-upgrade was just speculation - you can't just load a ROM dump; it's not the same format as a flashable ROM image. And even if someone has figured out how to convert a dumped ROM into a flashable image, you can't flash just any CE 6 ROM image - it has to be compatible with the device's hardware and bootloader. Put simply, it has to be a ROM image supplied by the OEM. You can't even flash the V212's CE 5 ROM image onto the CE 4.2 .net V210 - that we've definitely had discussion here about.
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 8:31 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

CE Geek - 2010-02-11 3:02 PM

No, it's fully open - it boots by default to the core CE desktop. (It was the V110 and V150 that were closed.)

I think the CE 6.0 dump-and-upgrade was just speculation - you can't just load a ROM dump; it's not the same format as a flashable ROM image. And even if someone has figured out how to convert a dumped ROM into a flashable image, you can't flash just any CE 6 ROM image - it has to be compatible with the device's hardware and bootloader. Put simply, it has to be a ROM image supplied by the OEM. You can't even flash the V212's CE 5 ROM image onto the CE 4.2 .net V210 - that we've definitely had discussion here about.

CE Geek,

Thanks for the clarification.

Konker
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 5:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If I choose to buy one, can you ship it to Brazil?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 11:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I doubt that it'd be any problem, but I'll check with USPS to see what my options are and get back to you.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9