x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-02-14 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Try running \My Documents\java\bin\arm\runMidlet.exe instead.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-15 1:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

it doesn't work.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 2:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm not sure. mscdex had it running fine on Netbook Pro.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-16 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Are you sure you have packed everything in the zip file you linked?

Inside the package there is another zipped file,d o i have to unpack it too?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-06-23 10:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

isotherm - 2010-02-13 9:19 AM

Opera Mini is a J2ME (Java) midlet. You need to download phoneME in order to run it. For the interested, I have put together a ZIP file of phoneME with Opera Mini 4.2 already installed. The ZIP file is in fact meant for WM2003 Smartphone, but it should work fine on Netbook Pro, MobilePro 900C, etc.

1. Download my package from http://walrus.modevia.com/MidletManager.zip

2. Use your desktop/laptop computer to extract the files from MidletManager.zip

3. Use ActiveSync, SD card, or other method to transfer the extracted files to your phone, in one of the following directories. If the folder does not exist, create it first:
\Storage Card [recommended]
\My Documents\java

4. Using Explorer, locate the MidletManager.exe in the installation folder you choose from the above, and run it. The screen will not change for a few seconds; it takes a bit to load.

5. You will see that the most recent version of Opera Mini 4.2 is already preinstalled into the midlet manager. You may visit e.g. GetJar from within Opera Mini and install other midlets from there. It isn't possible to install midlets from Internet Explorer at this time.

6. You may wish to create a start menu or desktop shortcut to the midlet manager.

Lately, I have been trying Opera Mini 5 and discovered several issue like can't save web pages and spacebar give me a return char instead. Reinstalling your Opera min 4.2 instead i have noticed it has not tose problem. Did you triedOPM5? did you noticed tha same problems? Is there another midlet program tp try?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-06-26 4:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Opera Mini 5 unfortunately is not well-designed for devices with QWERTY keyboards. The soft keyboard will pop up and take half the screen, pressing numbers will cycle through cell phone letters (e.g. abc2), etc. For that reason I tend to prefer Opera Mini 4.2 over Opera Mini 5 even though it doesn't have tabs.

I have had great luck with Bolt Browser, as it supports tabs, does a desktop rendering (not mobile), and doesn't seem to have any keyboard issues. The only problem with it is that you must be sure your stylus is very well calibrated; otherwise it will think you are trying to select text.

If I recall properly, you should be able to use Opera Mini 4 to go to boltbrowser.com, select the bolt.jad and it should download and install directly into PhoneME. It should be possible to install various midlets this way.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-06-26 9:31 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for your replay, it goes straight to the point, in fact even on Opera mini forum there are several people arguing about Opera Mini 5 keyboard issue.

Just about Opera mini 4.2, have you noticed also with this release am issue with the keyboard? When pressing backspace key you can't cancell a char at a time but whole text it is wiped out.
If you don't have, couldn't be a problem of PhoneME. Are there other Midlet Manager programs to try instead of PhoneME?

Thanks
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10