x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-06 4:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I can't get Opera keep usernames and passowrds of login modules of web sites.
It did before and doesn't anymore.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-07 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yet another Opera issue with Netbook pro.

If I am surfing web and I open another program, make same thing with it, and then get back to Opera, it doesn't load any pages when tap a link but it stuck on loading but never loads it.

Does anyone had this issue before?
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-07 10:20 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Try to open in new window, it helps.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

How come Opera doesn't keep any username/password information saved?
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 10:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i'm kinda just guessing here but I thought i saw an option for it to clear out the cache every time you exit the program. I don't have my jornada in front of me but check that out. I'll post again later when i have a chance to look at my opera install.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 10:14 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm using Opera Mobile 5 beta 2 which keeps passwords, works as a screen for proxy servers and is almost pleasure to use on Netbook Pro.
One issue that anoy me most is "." which works as delete.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-02-10 10:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

To be clear, raul is referring to Opera Mini 5 beta 2, probably running inside of the phoneME midlet manager.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 9:32 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Yes, you have right. I meant Opera Mini 5 beta 2 running on phonemeME.
 Top of the page
jorel101 Page Icon Posted 2010-02-11 4:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

my mistake opera does not have an option to clear the cache every time you exit and i didn't see any option regarding passwords when i check the settings window. the only thing i saw that might have anything to do with it is the cache size. maybe if you've set it to 0 then it wouldn't save passwords, other than that i'm lost.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-12 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My cahce is set to 2000 Kb, I don't think this is the problem, but if I remember right once it used to keep those info.

Raul, I'd like to give Opera mini 5 beta 2 a try but I couldn't find the right release for handheld. Can you send it to me via email. Thanks
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-02-13 1:19 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The CE 4.2 release of phoneME works fine on a 900C. I think someone else said it worked on Netbook as well. It's rather annoying that the soft keyboard always pops up though. I still prefer Opera Mini 4 for that reason.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-13 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

What's phoneME ?

I could try even Opera Mini 4 but on the site there are several models and I don't know which on to choose. Then, if I go for the generic version it shows only jar or jad files.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-02-13 2:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Opera Mini is a J2ME (Java) midlet. You need to download phoneME in order to run it. For the interested, I have put together a ZIP file of phoneME with Opera Mini 4.2 already installed. The ZIP file is in fact meant for WM2003 Smartphone, but it should work fine on Netbook Pro, MobilePro 900C, etc.

1. Download my package from http://walrus.modevia.com/MidletManager.zip

2. Use your desktop/laptop computer to extract the files from MidletManager.zip

3. Use ActiveSync, SD card, or other method to transfer the extracted files to your phone, in one of the following directories. If the folder does not exist, create it first:
\Storage Card [recommended]
\My Documents\java

4. Using Explorer, locate the MidletManager.exe in the installation folder you choose from the above, and run it. The screen will not change for a few seconds; it takes a bit to load.

5. You will see that the most recent version of Opera Mini 4.2 is already preinstalled into the midlet manager. You may visit e.g. GetJar from within Opera Mini and install other midlets from there. It isn't possible to install midlets from Internet Explorer at this time.

6. You may wish to create a start menu or desktop shortcut to the midlet manager.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-14 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Tahnks, I'll get to work with it.

Somehow, I have ntoiced that ebay says me that my browser blocks cookies, but option in settings menu has been set on.
I think this need further investigations. Do you guys have experienced this issue with coockies?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-02-14 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

isotherm - 2010-02-13 9:19 AM

1. Download my package from http://walrus.modevia.com/MidletManager.zip

2. Use your desktop/laptop computer to extract the files from MidletManager.zip

I extracted it with Total commander on my Netbook Pro directly.

3. Use ActiveSync, SD card, or other method to transfer the extracted files to your phone, in one of the following directories. If the folder does not exist, create it first:
\Storage Card [recommended]
\My Documents\java

I tried the second choice 'cause I had not storage card inserted.

4. Using Explorer, locate the MidletManager.exe in the installation folder you choose from the above, and run it. The screen will not change for a few seconds; it takes a bit to load.

5. You will see that the most recent version of Opera Mini 4.2 is already preinstalled into the midlet manager. You may visit e.g. GetJar from within Opera Mini and install other midlets from there. It isn't possible to install midlets from Internet Explorer at this time.

I run MidletManager.exe, screen became blank for a while then got back and had a PhomeME tab in the try bar but not a clue of opera mini or PhoneME menu etc.

Can you help?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12