x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Alpaxo Donations to HPC:Factor

isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-02-13 1:40 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The existence of HPC:Factor has created a faithful community and invaluable product awareness for RedGear. In view of this, I would like to make the following annoucement: For sales made on the Alpaxo Software website, 100% of all proceeds (after fees)—from January 14, 2010 until February 28, 2010—will be donated to HPC:Factor.

If you have been thinking about buying either RedGear or the 3Com wireless driver, there is still time before the end of February. You can make your purchase and help out the site at the same time! It isn't much in fact ($123.63 as of this post), but every little bit can help. At the end of February, I will post on this thread the total amount raised.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Friends, the total raised for HPC:Factor is $134.86. I have forwarded along the donation earlier this morning.

As you can see, the amount didn't increase much since my previous post, because sales have dwindled a lot lately. The hope I had for new opportunities with Alpaxo did not work out. With that in mind, Alpaxo Software has officially ceased operations, effective the end of February. The Alpaxo website and forums will remain available until December 1, 2010.

As a further thank you to the community for your continued support not only of Alpaxo Software, but also the successful HPC:Factor fundraising drive over the past month, all Alpaxo Software downloads are now available free of charge to HPC:Factor users by using customer ID 747921-140334-775343. The about screen, if applicable, will display "Registered to HPC:Factor Community".

Note to those who have purchased in the past couple months: Your purchase price has been donated to HPC:Factor in full, which I hope you will agree is a worthy cause. All registered users will continue to be able to download software personalized with their own name.

I am grateful for all HPC:Factor has done for the community as well as my short-lived venture!

Edited by isotherm 2010-03-01 4:09 PM
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 7:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Extremely generous! What a deal for members.
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I just want to thanks the alpaxo software for bringing so much good software for our little HPCs. Also, I want to make a sugestion: why don't you make RedGear and 3Com Wireless Drivers open source, so that people that wants to improve the project will have a better access to it?
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 6:11 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Good community. Great cause. Excellent members!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-03-02 9:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thank-you isotherm,

I got back this morning and can confirm your donation from the fundraising at Alpaxo software has been received.

Thanks to you and to your customers for helping us with this fund raising initiative.

As always, if there is anything that we can do for Alpaxo, you've only to let us know. In the mean time I am saddened to see you closing your doors, but it is understandable given the market conditions.

I wish you well wherever you turn next
crispenido Page Icon Posted 2010-03-14 10:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you so much.
Viriato Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 7:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I'm really grateful to isotherm for this.

Best regards
chiark Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Late to say thank you, but "thank you"!
Outstanding stuff.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 6:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Late to say anything, chiark. Been quite a while since we've heard from you.
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-05-22 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks very much!!
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11