x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WPA2-PSK support for Viewsonic V212

konker Page Icon Posted 2010-02-24 9:57 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi everyone!

I just recently purchased a used Viewsonic V212 & am interested to know if there's anyway I can enable WPA2-PSK for connection to my WiFi network at home & elsewhere.
The inbuilt WiFi adapter is manufactured by Unex bearing the model number DRCB-M1.
The website of the manufacturer (http://www.unex.com.tw/product/drcb-m1) says:
"Supports WEP/WPA/WPA2, IEEE802.1x (EAP-TLS, EAP-PEAP, LEAP), and LEAP/CCX1.0 providing advanced level of LAN security."
The only thing that remains is if the "Optional WinCE4.2/5.0 drivers and WiFi security supplicant assure trouble-free WiFi integration." is included in the V212 or can it be downloaded separately.

I contacted the manufacturer & they replied with the following:
"The current driver had provided WPA2/PSK already.
But WZC of WInCE 5.0 did not provide WPA2 supplicant to configure WPA2.
You might check Microsoft whether it provide new WZC and support configuration of WPA2 or not.
Or you need to install 3rd party WPA2 supplicant."

So now, I'm on the hunt for a solution that might allow me to enable support for WPA2-PSK on the Viewsonic V212.
I'm reluctant to bring down my WiFi security settings to WPA-PSK & the performance of the router operating under mixed mode (WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK) is significantly degraded somehow.
Does anyone have any ideas how I might achieve support for WPA2-PSK?

TIA!

Konker
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2010-02-28 4:42 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

No one has any idea about this?
I have two HP iPAQ hx2000 series Windows Mobile devices & I have been able to use WPA2-PSK on it since WM5 using the HP iPAQ Wireless utility.
I believe something can be done to enable the WZC in Windows CE 5.0 on V212 to configure WPA2-PSK.
In my research, I discovered a 3rd party supplicant called Juniper Network's Odyssey Access Client that might work.
Another thought is to extract the WZC from a Windows CE 6.0 image & drop it into the OS & see if it is able to access the WPA2-PSK configuration.
Here's the URL (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms890698.aspx) for a MSDN article that I've been referencing & the two modules are wzcsapi (Wireless Automatic Configuration API module. Implements the wrapper that is loaded into the user process to communicate with the WAC driver found in the wzcsapi.lib library) & wzcsvc (Wireless Automatic configuration driver that implements the state machine for discovering and configuring a network found in the wzcsvc.lib library).
Any thoughts on this?

Konker

Edited by konker 2010-02-28 5:05 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26