x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS:Global] NEC Mobilepro 900 in good condition with goodies

MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-03-09 6:15 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

After some weeks of struggle, I decided to sell my NEC Mobilepro 900.
I am selling it because I am too busy to take care of both and so want to keep just one H/PC (jornada 728) and find a new home for the MP900.

THE MACHINE
- OS: cmonex v2 CE 4.2 with a handful of apps; JLime Linux (optional) if requested.
- Function: fully working.
- Casing: some signs of use, pics available (and perhaps a youtube video) upon request.
- Screen: bright with no scratches; with a good quality screen protector having no scratches or bubbles or dust
- Keyboard: completely fine; no worn prints; no bad keys; bundled with a dedicated transparent keyboard protector (non-sticky, uncommon).
- Battery: 1 x standard battery that came with the machine holding a decent charge (for a few hours); 1 x mint extended 4400 mAh battery I bought after acquiring the machine; only been charged a few times; can last considerably longer than the standard one.
- History: I bought it as used several weeks ago.

ACCESSORIES
- 1 x like-new original AC adapter (bought last week)
- 1 x used standard battery
- 1 x mint extended battery (4400 mAh)
- 2 x new Tronic backup batteries
- 1 x stylus. Not the original but fits well.
- 1 x Wifi card: you can choose either a DLink DWL-650 PC card or a Symbol Spectrum 24 Networker CF card. They are verified to be compatible with the device. (See http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/search.asp?mstrcat=12 )
- 1 x CF (a trusty 1GB Kingston Elite pro)
- 1 x clean black thick polyester pouch which fits the machine perfectly.
- Ethernet and modem cables can be provided for free.
- USB (mini and regular) cables can be provided for free.

SHIPMENT
- Method: I will ship worldwide except Italy (sorry). Shipment is via Hong Kong SpeedPost (part of the EMS system). A much cheaper option yet as reliable as other express services (Fedex, DHL, etc). May take one day longer than these. Insurance may be available (depending on locations). Track & trace code is available.
- Packing: The machine will be sent in a secure packing with full protection.
- Rate: To US = 28 USD; To Canada = 29 CAD; To UK = 22 GBP (for example). For other locations please ask and I will check for you.
- Storage: I will detach the batteries from the machine and leave about 40% charge in the main batteries for optimal storage.
*Another member here would know that I am handling packaging and shipping with great care.

MINOR ISSUES
- The AC plug needs a slightly firm connection. This is a common issue for this model. With the original AC adapter it charges just fine.
- The LCD cable connector used to be a bit loose resulting in a white screen sometimes. I have already fixed that and there is no problem now.

PRICE & PAYMENT
- I am asking for 80 USD for the whole set.
- Paypal is preferred.

Let me know if you want to discuss the details.

Thank you!

Edited by MrSB 2010-03-09 6:27 AM
 Top of the page
Aliera Page Icon Posted 2010-03-09 9:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Pictures?
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 11:18 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Here is a special album for my Mobilepro 900. Dozens of pics there! Happy browsing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/beansoya/NECMobilepro900#

Some updates:
- Today when I started cleaning the machine, I noticed a very tiny mark on the screen (see the pic). So I took off the screen protector to check and I found it. The mark is barely noticeable. When the screen is turned off on I just can't see it.
- During the checking I carelessly left a wrinkle (about 1cm) on the screen protector. So I had to discard it. But then I found that the screen is actually quite sturdy and is not easy to scratch.
- To make up for this incidence, I will upload as many programs (legal and freeware only), drivers and references as possible to the CF card. A small effort to lift the headache of swimming in the sea of links.
- After some testing I find the Symbol Spectrum 24 card is easier to set up and better in performance than the D-Link PC card. So I decided to offer the Symbol and will bundle it with a CF to PC card adapter with no extra cost.

Just ask me anything about the buddy. I believe the buyer should know as much as possible about the item and the information must be accurate! At one time I bought a used subnotebook and went nuts because of the quality of the actual thing deviated so much from the ad. The deal ended up with lots of rants. No more misrepresentation....

Edited by MrSB 2010-03-10 1:53 PM
 Top of the page
Aliera Page Icon Posted 2010-03-10 10:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

PMed you
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-03-29 5:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

After cleaning and polishing the whole thing, I am beginning to struggle whether I really want to sell it. I've decided if no one is interested in the next couple of weeks I will go repaint the casing...
 Top of the page
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-04-09 9:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Items sold. Thanks for watching.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10