x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-19 7:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is a finger-friendly calendar app for the Pocket PC that turns out to be another Pocket PC app that looks cooler on the big H/PC screen. It's another nice creation by the geniuses over at xda-developers.com. It's written for CE 4.2 .net or higher, and requires the following DLLs: aygshell.dll, cellcore.dll, and imgdecmp.dll. Here's a shot of it on my Fujitsu Stylistic CT2020:

(ThumbCal.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ThumbCal.JPG (39KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-03-19 12:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Nice CEGeek...now show us a screenshot on the 900C and give us a link to the site
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-19 5:35 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Looks like the latest version isn't available for wm2003. At least 0.5.1 (the last free version) should work...

Here's a forum post from a pocketpc site that has a copy of 0.5.1 that you can download. Also, the 0.5.1 CAB has a minimal CE version of 3.0.... I wonder if it'd run on HPC2000 even?

Edited by mscdex 2010-03-19 5:58 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-19 9:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The version I used was 0.4.7, and both that CAB and the 0.5.1 one in your download link show the OS identifier as 04 00 14 (= 4.20), mscdex.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-03-19 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-03-19 4:08 PM

The version I used was 0.4.7, and both that CAB and the 0.5.1 one in your download link show the OS identifier as 04 00 14 (= 4.20), mscdex.

I didn't check the actual executable, I just mentioned the CAB itself (according to MSCEInf) has a minimal CE version of 3.0.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-03-20 12:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I checked the CAB file in a hexeditor to get the result I mentioned above. (Executability Check also says 4.2, and reported lots of coredll.dll errors when I checked the file in a Windows CE 3.0 device.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 8:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Small update: several xda-developers.com members have made several skins for ThumbCal that work with the last beta (free) version (0.5.1) as well as later payware versions. I've posted below the versions that are working thus far, along with images of a couple from my SmartQ V7. They're all complete; all you have to do is extract the folder and copy it to the CE device. Fonts can be chosen in the Settings menu. (Only weird result I'm getting is that the skins don't save on my WM8505 netbooks - every time I open the app on those devices, it shows up in a generic blue-and-white color scheme, and requires using the Settings menu to load the skin each time. )

The app also appears to work with RedGear, at least on my DreamMax 700 (H/PC 2000).

(burgundy.jpg)

(iPhone.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments burgundy.jpg (56KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments iPhone.jpg (46KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments skin.Barreto Sense.rar (240KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments skin.blue.rar (203KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments skin.Burgundy.rar (178KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments skin.eCyan.rar (169KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments skin.My Omnia Style.rar (167KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments skin.WM7Blue.rar (180KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments skin.ThumbCal Orange.rar (165KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments iPhone_ThumbCal_Theme_v0.1_by_Torx-Tevelopment.rar (174KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 5:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It's working on my Jornada 720. Now I need to try some of the skins. Cool app! Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 5:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

While ThumbCal is a nice addition to our netbooks which do not have these calendar functions built in, it doesn't really serve a purpose for our HPCs which have had good appointment and tasks databases for years as part of the OS.

Still the challenge to make software run on our HPCs is always a challenge. Well ThumbCal needs nothing to run on the 900C. It just does by itself just fine.

(caldefault.jpg)

(calblue.jpg)

(calappt.jpg)

(caltasks.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments caldefault.jpg (84KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments calblue.jpg (115KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments calappt.jpg (42KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments caltasks.jpg (56KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hmmm....my lack of skinning experience is showing. I put the .rar files in the folder with the app.....is that correct? What do I need to do to get ThumbCal to see they're there as options?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 5:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Extract the files from the rar files and put them with the app, if it isn't already there.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So Rich, did you already get a quart of milk?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 6:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Got a whole gallon of it!

BTW, went to the Thumbcal website and tried the newest version for WM5. Corrected all the hardware errors reported by execcheck..but afterwards the program wouldn't run....not that I really expected it to.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 8:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Each RAR file is supposed to be a complete package. The folder inside includes the app as well as all the skin files for the particular skin.

Rich, I'm not suggesting it as a PIM replacement - just as another, cooler, way to view appointments and tasks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-04-13 8:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is cool...I notice that the highlight is a little off in your images...and is displays the same way on my 900C. It appears shifted left a few pixels...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 11