x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Augen e-Go netbook - synchronizable

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-19 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2010-05-19 9:52 PM

SmartGear works on my CE 5 Anyka AK7802 netbook (Konaki Netbook Wonder), but I'm getting the same "serious error" message on my generic VT8500 CE 6 netbook.

Thanks for testing it. I'm ordering a CE 6 netbook today so I should be able to correct the problem when I receive it next week.

I've tried to make the code not depend on too many DLLs. I currently link with commctrl.lib, coredll.lib, aygshell.lib and ws2.lib. For GAPI and DirectDraw, I load the DLLs dynamically so that there won't be a problem if they're missing. Were you able to play any games? Were you happy with the performance?

Thanks,
L.B.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-20 8:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Unfortunately, I can't seem to load the game (I'm testing it with an uncompressed TurboGrafx16 ROM - file extension .pce) - selecting File -> Open shows folders only, no files. Also, when I select the Storage Card folder, it shows a nonexistent folder \Storage Card\Storage Card. I placed the game file in the device's NAND flash folder, but it still doesn't show the file in that folder.
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-20 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2010-05-21 12:05 AM

Unfortunately, I can't seem to load the game (I'm testing it with an uncompressed TurboGrafx16 ROM - file extension .pce) - selecting File -> Open shows folders only, no files. Also, when I select the Storage Card folder, it shows a nonexistent folder \Storage Card\Storage Card. I placed the game file in the device's NAND flash folder, but it still doesn't show the file in that folder.

I haven't seen the double "storage card" folder, but SmartGear expects the rom images to be in zip files. Compress the pce file and it will see it.
L.B.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-20 7:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was going by the SmartGear page, which appears to say that the files can be either compressed or uncompressed. I'll try the former when I get home tonight.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-21 6:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, tried compressed ROM and - drum roll, please - it works perfectly in full screen. Nice!
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-23 12:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Things just improved a bit more. I found a very old USB gamepad driver for CE and rewrote it to work properly . Now we can use any USB gamepads on our netbooks (even 2 at a time). I need to create an installer CAB to save you the trouble of messing with the registry. I'll post code and video as soon as it's ready...
L.B.
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-24 7:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm trying to create a CAB file of the gamepad driver with Wise Installmaster 9, but everything I create is rejected by the Augen e-Go as not being a valid cab. Does anyone know what the trick is to create a CAB file which is "valid" for the CE 5 netbook?

Thanks,
L.B.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-24 10:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You can create a cab file using OCP's WinCE Cab Manager if you don't specify a CPU type...
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley - 2010-05-25 2:39 AM

You can create a cab file using OCP's WinCE Cab Manager if you don't specify a CPU type...

I tried OCP's Cab Manager and I still can't create a CAB file that the netbook will accept. I tried various CPU options (including none) and nothing works. Does anyone know which options to use to create a cab file (using Cab Manager) which will be acceptable to the netbook?

Thanks,
L.B.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 2:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Can you set the CPU identifier as CEF?
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 5:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2010-05-25 6:31 PM

Can you set the CPU identifier as CEF?

That's the first thing I tried and it didn't work. Can someone maybe point me to a CAB file which will load on the e-Go and open with Cab Manager? I'll see what the settings are.
L.B.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 1:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Also make sure file compression is not enabled when you create the cab file. Check the "cab properties," I think it is on the 3rd tab if I remember...
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley - 2010-05-26 5:01 AM

Also make sure file compression is not enabled when you create the cab file. Check the "cab properties," I think it is on the 3rd tab if I remember...

That was it! I turned off compression and the file now installs. Please check a new post in this forum for the gamepad driver.
L.B.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-30 4:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I haven't been able to sync my eGo over a network thus far. When I run the command "repllog.exe /remote" and then select Network Connection (with WiFi turned on on the eGo), the PC starts to connect for a few seconds (green spinning ActiveSync icon) but then quits. I don't see any setting in the registry suggesting that the connection attempt is being limited to a few seconds, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
 Top of the page
bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I finally got my CE 6.0 netbook. A Waybook Sky AS101. Physically, the device feels like a child's toy. The 300Mhz CPU is painfully slow for doing most tasks. I debugged my emulator problem and found that LoadIcon() is what was causing the fatal application error. DirectDraw is present on the device, but hangs when I call SetCooperativeLevel. The only way my app currently will work is with the fake GAPI support. I'll start a new thread in the CE 6 forum with a new build for everyone to try.
L.B.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9