x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Skyfire web browser

1 2
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Heard about this Skyfire web browser with embedded flash support and decided to try it on my Netbook pro. It is for Windows CE 5 so needs hacks.

I haven't managed to let it run yet and I need some advice.

With execheck I have changed OS version and error on cellcore.dll function replacing with nr.3 of Cmonex pack.

I still have to correct aygshell coredll errors. Let you know my progress.

In the meantime I'd like to know how to hack cpu type error that it gives. Or it doesn't matter for execution?

Then, if someone wants to have a try too, Skyfire can be downloaded from official site for free.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Slycarter - 2010-03-31 8:01 PM

In the meantime I'd like to know how to hack cpu type error that it gives. Or it doesn't matter for execution?

It doesn't matter. Most of Windows CE apps are written for ARMv4 or Thumb in some cases. NetBook Pro has ARMv5 and tThumb support, don't pay any attention to those errors, they are for old devices with no Thumb support.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-03-31 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

RedGear probably has the best chance to get SkyFire running; a link to download it is in another forum post. However last I tried, it wouldn't work on any device, because Skyfire has certain hard-coded screen sizes that it works on (320x240, 640x480, 800x480 last I knew) and the NetBook Pro's resolution isn't one of them. Still, maybe someone can get it working, as this program has been a common desire for these devices.
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 1:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It does not export many function even with redgear's dll
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 3:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I remember getting it running once..way back when...I think there is a post here somewhere about it...but the problem was that it used direct screen writing to increase speed which wasn't supported on many hpc devices.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 8:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh, have this on my smartphone and can confirm the flash video is pretty good.

May have to see if I can get it to run on my Sig3 Opera is a big improvement but think skyfire would be excellent for more complicated sites.

John
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 9:46 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

May be that it require the ce 5 coredll that is in the cmonex2 ROM but I cannot find a stand alone versione in the izemize site. It would be great if Isother made an udate of redgear for thsi browser
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 11:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Gonna have a play over the weekend

Wish skyfire would compile a version for CE4+ surely if code is written it wouldn't be too hard to throw it through a CE compiler (or tick CE option in compiler).

Be esp good with all the cheap CE netbooks selling all over the place these days.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-01 9:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Tried it on my CE 6 netbook - doesn't open. A lot of DLLs are needed by the executable and its associated DLLs (ws2.dll, schannel.dll, note_prj.dll, etc). Dunno if there is a specific version of ws2.dll for Windows Mobile 5; I'm guessing there may be a specific version of coredll.dll for WM 5.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Has someone had success on getting Skyfire working?

It keeps telling some functions into dll are missing.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 7:51 PM
#
Yes. Check my latest ce6 software zip. Inside is a working skyfire. (works on ce6 anyway)

Cheers.
 Top of the page
rgisondi
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 8:26 PM
#
does it works also with ce 5?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-04-30 10:57 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2010-04-29 2:51 PM

Yes. Check my latest ce6 software zip. Inside is a working skyfire. (works on ce6 anyway)

Cheers.

My question was meant for CE 4.2...but trying makes no harm but where is you is your zip file?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Tried your Skyfire. After changing OS version it says "this is not a valid Win CE application". Is there a way to solve this?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-05-03 4:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Are there any chances to run it on hpc2000?? I know, that's pretty old, but I'm just asking...
btw, I'm still happy with Opera and redgear... but skyfire would make me happier!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10