x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

terminal services client on ce 6.0

Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 5:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Has anybody tried to use Terminal Services Client on CE 6.0?

I'm using the TSC from RTFM's programs zipfile. I can connect to the server (an old XP Pro box on my local network that I use as a file server) and see the login screen, but when I try to type in my username the characters I see aren't what I'm typing. I type "d" and I see "h"; I type "a" and it's as if I hit enter, giving me an "invalid username or password" error.

TSC with my Jornaa 690 works fine.

Any ideas?

Eventually I want to open a port on my router and access it from outside, so I can run desktop apps from my CE netbook.

Dana
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 9:11 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Dana,

It might have something to do with the character set in the OS of the CE client.
I ran into a similar problem using another remote access service & tried repeatedly to login to the remote system but it did not allow me.
I subsequently found out that the input language was not English USA.

Konker
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 2:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Konker, did you find a solution? On my device te language is set to english USA. Next is to try a VNC client, perhaps.

Dana
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-09 2:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Still hoping somebody has found the solution...

I'm speculating that it has something to do with the original language. The "simsun" (simplified Chinese) is installed, and the fontlink registry keys map part of the "normal" roman fonts to it. Not surprising if the original programmer setting up the system was Chinese. I tried deleting the fontlink registry keys, but it made no difference. Tried logging onto a different server, same thing.

Tried the VNC client, but it can't find the server no matter what I do.

-Dana

Since the letter "d" (first letter of my username) maps to "h" when I tried to log on, I created a user account with username "h" and password "h" on the server, and typed "d" and "d". Surprise, surprise... I can log on and do stuff, including web surfing... as long as I don't have to type anything. Opened a text file in Notepad and started typing... abcdefghijklmnopqrstuwxyz maps to random other characters.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 4:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nobody has any ideas?

Doesn't seem to be simply a language setting, since in a web browse anything I type is correct... only in the terminal server client is there a problem.

This version of TSC is from RTFM's zipfile (mstsc40.exe). What's interesting is to look at the registry entry for TSC:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client]
"BitmapPersistCacheLocation"="\\Temp"
"CEConfig"="Maxall"
"MapVirtualKeyLib"="\\Windows\\MvkLib.dll"
"UUID"=hex: d0,c7,0c,60,3a,de,13,41,54,38,58,30,42,44,5f,30

MvkLib.dll sounds like a keyboard remapper, but it doesn't exist on the system. However, I found another version of TSC (wptsc.exe) which I believe is a WM6 version. It doesn't run at all (it installs, and gives no error, but nothing happens when I try to run it). But it does have mvklib.dll, so I copied that into the directory for the first version of TSC... still no joy.

The second version of TSC also has some other interesting files... tscscan.txt and tscshift.txt. The latter seems to be a keyboard remapper, which would be promising if the program itself ran. So I guess the question is at this point, is there any way to get the WM6 version to run?

Or perhaps I should just try to set up a logmein.com account...

-Dana

Edited by Dana 2010-04-11 4:32 AM
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-13 12:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

SOLVED!

Thanks to RTFM, who patiently provided a copy of cetsc.exe (the proper CE6 RDP client) and two required dll's, I now have it working perfectly, with no character mapping problems. Still no clue why the other one didn't work but I'm not sure I care any more... Now to try configuring a router port so I can do it from outside...

-Dana
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 10:45 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm a bit in the blue as to which netbook your great posts could apply?
Please provide the bran, model#, CPU name & speed of your device
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-18 3:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It's generic Chinese minibook, CE6, 533mhz ARM.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9