x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

xPUD Linux 0,9.2

bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 2:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Anyone taken a look at the latest (Dec, 2009) release (0.9.2) of mini linux distro xPUD? a Taiwanese minimalist distro based on Ubuntu Linux, xPud now ports to ARM & MIPS architecture. The 15 language support includes English.Main purpose - provide complete desktop with many popular apps & tools in small package that is simple to operate.

PUD --Penko Underbred Distro. Ideas borrowed from (dormant due to infighting) Damn Small Linux & LAMPPIX.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-04-02 3:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I might have to check that one out... Thanks!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-04-30 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I had forgotten about this one. I will be working with it tonight.
Here is the link http://xpud.org/
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I forgot to mention that I tried this out the other day. It was very fast, however, I tried it on an older laptop without internal wifi, and it never detected the USB wifi adapter. This build is really designed for live boot only and looks like it is especially for netbooks. I might load it onto a USB stick and see how well it boots on the Eee. Maybe I can get the wifi to work on it.

Edited by Yoldering 2010-05-25 8:25 PM
 Top of the page
Jornada+Linux Page Icon Posted 2010-05-27 12:38 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

When I try to view the website:
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. 

Don't even wanna know about downloading it.

[edit] The source forge one works (http://pud-linux.sourceforge.net/lxde.en.html). However, its impossible to try it since there is no tutorial on how to install it on a Jornada. @bruisedquasar: it's pretty hard to test wether it is usable for us handheld users as this distro has to be installed/run from CD. My Jornada does not have a CD player.

Edited by Jornada+Linux 2010-05-27 12:54 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 26