x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How about a portable hpcfactor?

[Frozen]
Frozen
MrSB Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 3:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I wonder if it is a good idea to create a kind of "portable" version of hpcfactor.
I've been digging in happily here online and my hpc told me he would be even happier if he could roll out with a portable version of the many good reads, in particular the reviews, tutorials, support documentation, etc.
According to the statements, replicating and distributing the info hosted here is not encouraged. How about doing a collaborative work endorsed by the host?
At first I thought of making an isilo ebook. But it seems more popular apps like MDict would be a better choice. Like wikipedia for MDict, this way we would have an excellent guide to go. Maybe it would also help a bit during site outages, i guess?
Or just knock it off if I find myself daydreaming after the meal.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 10:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There was always a plan to implement a mobile version of the site template going back to 2003, it was even prototyped. However we never had the demand for it.

As for an off-line version. It isn't on my radar I am afraid.
ricercar Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

What about a version that allows login from a WinCE 2.x browser? I don't understand the issue, but I know I can't login from my Pencentra or Clio handhelds. SSL issue maybe?
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-03 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I was just wondering about a mobile version myself

Going threw igoogle mobile works ok, but not the easiest to navigate.

Edited by thcrw739 2010-04-03 10:28 PM
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10