x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CnMbook - a few questions

danielnez1 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-04 1:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

A couple of months ago I purchased a CnMbook. Overall, I'm really pleased with it, performance wise it wipes the floor of my old 620LX (as you can expect ).

However I've got a couple of questions I was wondering if anyone can help with:

I've got a copy of Windows Entertainment Pack 2.0 that I used to use with my 620LX, unfortunately I't says it isn’t compatible with the CnMbook. Could it be possible to tweak the applications or install process, or are the applications simply incompatible with the latest ARM cores?

The UI is a little bit inconsistent, the titebars of windows have the XP Luna theme, while the rest of the buttons/sliders and other UI elements are in the "classic" style, is there any way to sort this out?

Cheers,

Dan
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2010-04-04 1:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

620LX has what, an SH3 processor? Whereas MS has coerced most vendors into using ARM. Does the WEP have ARM binaries?

Does the CnMbook have nPOPuk installed as its mail client? What version?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-04 3:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, there are ARM CABs included in version 2 of the Windows CE Entertainment Pack.
 Top of the page
wylu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-23 3:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

You wrote:[I've got a copy of Windows Entertainment Pack 2.0]

I owned this CD sometime 5 - 6 years ago - but the CD is now damaged.

I have been looking for this pack for quite some time but with no luck. I know this may not be appropriate but I would be very happy if youcould send me the image file (iso) of the CD? Or just the ARM CAB? A kind suggestion about where I can find a downloadable version would also be very useful.

Many thanks in advance

Luke
wylu@aol.com
 Top of the page
danielnez1 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-29 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello,

Unfortunately I can't send you a ISO file or a cab as they are still classed as commercial software. They do appear on eBay from time to time though.

@gjcoram It does have nPOPuk installed and the version is 2.11p1.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 53 - Executed queries : 18