x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Stupid Defective 7 inch Chinese BS Laptop

NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 5:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just recieved my laptop today. It's the same as what every other windows ce 6.0 laptop people are talking about.
It's the 300mhz Via VT8505 proc. laptop 128mb ram, bla bla bla....

I turned it on, and I found it is broken -.-.
It just stays at the "loading OS" screen and doesn't move or do anything. I left it there for an hour..........

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I tried throwing it at the wall, punched it a few times, and said some nice/bad words to it, but it still didn't work.

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 5:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If I got one and it didn't work out of the box...I'd send it back so quick it would make your head spin...

I just bought one of those refurbished Augen eGo Netbooks, and while it is only CE5, it has exceed all of my expectations so far...running lots of my HPC software without any problems.

I know you don't want to hear that dribble, and you are frustrated. I'm sure you already tried the soft reset stuff...so if it isn't working, then you got one of the bad ones....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There is also a restore image, i saw it mentioned on a thread, perhaps just a reflash will do it?

Here is a random google, im sure there are other ones too : http://www.fixya.com/support/t4018643-epc_smart_book_note_book_r_n

Edited by thcrw739 2010-04-05 6:13 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 6:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows Embedded CE 6.0

Mine does that occasionally. It also occasionally doesn't start the bootloader at all when powered on. (Both happen very rarely.) I just hold down the power button until it powers off, and then power it on again, making sure nothing is plugged into the USB ports and even removing the SD card until the boot is complete.

The thread thcrw739 mentions is here:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14661&po...
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 10:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

thcrw739 - 2010-04-05 6:10 PM

There is also a restore image, i saw it mentioned on a thread, perhaps just a reflash will do it?

Here is a random google, im sure there are other ones too : http://www.fixya.com/support/t4018643-epc_smart_book_note_book_r_n

HOLY CRAP!!!! YOU SAVED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU SAVED ME 2 MONTHS OF TORTURE. THHHHAAAANNNK YYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

lol, np
 Top of the page
melissa
melissa Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 11:45 PM
#
Hi i recently got the same 7' mini sb laptop and it did the samething.It took me days to figure it out.ok first go into your control panal then click on the icon that says internet options when that comes up click on the tab that says security the u have to click it onto internet then will work the problem is its on local internet and it will not work on that goodluck any more questions my email is melissafifth@live.com
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 12:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

umm, what do you mean?

Our problems are nothing alike....
 Top of the page
Dlee
Dlee Page Icon Posted 2010-04-08 10:16 AM
#
I have just recently bought one of these things as well. it was advertised with youtube,skpe logos etc etc.
it gets on the internet fine but...and i say that reverently...BUT the flashplayer ( adobe flashlite) is not working. went to adobe website and cant download flashlite. just isnt available and windows mobile 6 is not the same thing. error messages come up says not a ce 6 program. or says not enough memory! well duh!! so what do i do? says not enough memory when i went MS update to get any hot fixes available. well there is but I cant download them...
any ideas?
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-08 11:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

nope. I can't get youtube to stream, but some online youtube downloaders still works for those mini laptops.

So, just find the youtube vid you want (url) and use one of these youtube downloaders.
 Top of the page
kaz
kaz Page Icon Posted 2010-09-07 3:57 PM
#
Hi i have a problem with my laptop apart from windows loads but when i click on anything nothing happens help ty
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-09-08 1:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

kaz - 2010-09-07 10:57 AM

Hi i have a problem with my laptop apart from windows loads but when i click on anything nothing happens help ty

This may be a real stupid question, but are you clicking or double clicking?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 27