x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera on Jordada 720

hlwilliams Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 6:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

How do I get Opera working on my Jornada 720. I have tried several times but it just doesn't want to install. I had looked at Redgear but I haven't been able to find out how to purchase it. The forum says that it is closed but there was an update just a few weeks ago.

Thanks

Hannah
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 7:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
hackerman1 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-05 8:36 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hi Hannah !

welcome to the forum.

a tip about Opera: if you have a memory-card, do a "normal" installation, then move all folders EXCEPT "/Application data/Opera/skin" to the card.
that skin-folder needs to be on the Jornada´s internal memory.

this saves a lot of memory that can be used to run programs instead.

update: added path to skin-folder

Edited by hackerman1 2010-04-05 9:17 PM
 Top of the page
hlwilliams Page Icon Posted 2010-04-06 1:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you both
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 3:05 PM
#
H/PC Elite

How about using Redgear compatibility layer for Opera 8.6
 Top of the page
hackerman1 Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 5:03 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

a small update: you CAN move skin.zip to the memory-card, but you have to modify opera.ini, just change the path to skin.zip

Hal: of course you have to use Redgear...
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-17 8:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

hackerman1 - 2010-04-05 8:36 PM

a tip about Opera: if you have a memory-card, do a "normal" installation, then move all folders EXCEPT "/Application data/Opera/skin" to the card.

That doesn´t seem to work for me. Tried it today several times with Opera 8.65. When I just move the subfolder "\Opera" from within "\Programs\" to "\storage card\programs\opera\" it won´t run.

Whats the trick? What else do I have to do? Am I missing something?

Please help me.
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-02-17 9:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

From Jornada don't moove SKIN folder, input.ini, opera.ini and opera6.adr. Other files & folders U can put to the CF card.
In opera.ini U can change path fo files.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-17 10:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, pls tell me exactly WHAT I have to move and WHERE I have to change things EXACTLY - I am doing this the first time and there is no detailed enough description in this forum.

I´ve changed Opera.ini for Install-Folder already like mentioned in this thread before - no chance to get it working. Left the Appmgr\Opera where it was...still no chance.

So what else is missing?
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 10:28 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

So, I do that:
On Jornada My Computer left install folder Application Data/Opera/ and this 3 files and folder.
Next, on CF card make TEMP (You can choose name as U wish) folder Application Data/Opera/ and copy other files from Jornada RAM (install folder). Folder cache4, files cookies4, global, opcart6, opera, oprad, opssl6, vlink. Not all can be in install folder, some can just make after launching opera.
Next, go to the install folder and open in notepad opera.ini file In 7'th line is "Opera Directory=" there type a patht fromCF card. Like on my Jornada looks that: Opera Directory=\Storage Card\Temp\Application Data\Opera
Save as a text.
Lil' tip, not have to make TEMP folder on CF card, it can be just OPERA and moove files straight to this folder. I do that because for me this is one folder for all temporary files in one place, "just all in one"
It should work.

Edited by doggystyle 2013-02-19 10:43 PM
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-20 1:19 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you, this really helped me. Now I know why it didn´t work.

How does Opera show you the websites? I am always getting the "mobile" layout, or nothing at all (just stops working, no content shows up). What can I do about it? Or is this normal?

Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-02-20 9:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Opera work very slow, hanging for many seconds, loading and hanging etc. When load everything after this "many" seconds should view almost everything. Ofcourse mobile sites should load faster. Try to install net framework, mayby this help.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 1:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

.NET Framework won't help any with Opera. Opera 8.65 has a setting to load pages in mobile view; it needs to be disabled in order to load pages normally.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 2:36 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

isotherm - 2013-02-21 1:59 AM

.NET Framework won't help any with Opera. Opera 8.65 has a setting to load pages in mobile view; it needs to be disabled in order to load pages normally.

How? I already tried "spoof user", but theres no real effect to it - Opera reverts to UA=1. And in the Opera.ini every UA setting will be reverted as soon as the Browser is started.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12